Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 173

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

Stan Weinstein says in his book to always look at the trend of the general market, dont buy if its going down. But now the S&P is trending down but the commodity sector is going up, if i listened to Stan I didnt make money on commodities. Or does he mean something else?

(2022-03-04, 07:34 PM)sjappie Wrote: Stan Weinstein says in his book to always look at the trend of the general market, dont buy if its going down. But now the S&P is trending down but the commodity sector is going up, if i listened to Stan I didnt make money on commodities. Or does he mean something else?

Commodities is a different asset class to stocks. So you have treat each asset class differently, as when he talks about the broad market in the book it only refers to stocks. If trading commodities then you need to look at the commodities market instead.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2022-03-04, 07:46 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2022-03-04, 07:34 PM)sjappie Wrote: Stan Weinstein says in his book to always look at the trend of the general market, dont buy if its going down. But now the S&P is trending down but the commodity sector is going up, if i listened to Stan I didnt make money on commodities. Or does he mean something else?

Commodities is a different asset class to stocks. So you have treat each asset class differently, as when he talks about the broad market in the book it only refers to stocks. If trading commodities then you need to look at the commodities market instead.

thanks.

[Image: qbxMFloQ]

Where would you put the stop loss, below the 200DMA at around 15?

(2022-03-25, 04:16 PM)sjappie Wrote: [Image: qbxMFloQ]

The problem you have doing that is that if you hit your stop loss you will be down 40-50% on the position.  You need to ensure that if your position fails it won't take out 1-2% of your over all account.  A 40-50% loss on a position is just too much.

Better to look for other opportunities, even if that means a long wait.

(2022-03-26, 02:03 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2022-03-25, 04:16 PM)sjappie Wrote: [Image: qbxMFloQ]

The problem you have doing that is that if you hit your stop loss you will be down 40-50% on the position.  You need to ensure that if your position fails it won't take out 1-2% of your over all account.  A 40-50% loss on a position is just too much.

I have that stock for almost a year, I have to raise the stop loss. It’s not for trading.

(2022-03-26, 08:02 PM)sjappie Wrote:
(2022-03-26, 02:03 PM) pid=\19280' Wrote:The problem you have doing that is that if you hit your stop loss you will be down 40-50% on the position.  You need to ensure that if your position fails it won't take out 1-2% of your over all account.  A 40-50% loss on a position is just too much.

I have that stock for almost a year, I have to raise the stop loss. It’s not for trading.
OK, I misunderstood.

This is interesting.

I'm scanning through the latest Global Trend Alert issue (that Stan shared) and what do I see??

"Unfavorable Groups:
Acquisition Companies, Airlines, Alternative Carriers, Aluminum"

Aluminum???? The chart of this sector looks very bullish. The biggest stock in the group, Alcoa (AA), has also been very strong, for months.

Any idea why the sector has been put under "Unfavorable" category?