Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 144

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

Wow this is a wealth of information! Thanks for putting everything together. So I'm a beginner and have been doing small trades for practice while learning at the same time. I did get stopped out of a position today with FSLY I had it set at a trailing -6% since I'm still learning the swing lows and highs. Would the trader method have the stop at 121.29? Basically is 121.29 the swing low?

Also is there an event where the stop loss will trigger late and how I can I avoid it. For example, I have -5% trailing stop during extended hours the stock tanked.

Thanks!

(2020-10-14, 10:40 PM)miche Wrote: Wow this is a wealth of information! Thanks for putting everything together. So I'm a beginner and have been doing small trades for practice while learning at the same time. I did get stopped out of a position today with FSLY I had it set at  a trailing -6% since I'm still learning the swing lows and highs. Would the trader method have the stop at 121.29? Basically is 121.29 the swing low?

Also is there an event where the stop loss will trigger late and how I can I avoid it. For example, I have -5% trailing stop during extended hours the stock tanked.

Thanks!

No, it hadn't had a swing low since it broke out above the 99.69 pivot high. So was way extended short term, as had a very powerful move higher. A swing low needs to be obvious on the daily and weekly charts, not a minor move intraday.

FSLY getting killed in the after hours on an early pre-release of sales numbers. Is down over 30%. So you are fortunate to have the option of an after hours trailing stop. As lots, myself included here in the UK, can't trade after hours. So am going to get a massive gap down below my stop loss at the open tomorrow, unless it recovers. but that looks doubtful.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi all, 
Quick question, I know it has probably been answered before but which broker is best to use in the UK?
I currently use Trading 212 because of the low costs and also the fact it does CFD and ISA's however I'm finding a lot of the stocks are not on there such as IQ, since i'm thinking its about to break out 

Jordan

(2020-10-30, 01:53 PM)JordanBrogan Wrote: Hi all, 
Quick question, I know it has probably been answered before but which broker is best to use in the UK?
I currently use Trading 212 because of the low costs and also the fact it does CFD and ISA's however I'm finding a lot of the stocks are not on there such as IQ, since i'm thinking its about to break out 

Jordan

Degiro or Interactive Brokers would be best to be able to trade everything with low costs imo. But they don't have an ISA option available.

In terms of the zero cost trading fees options. Trading 212 has the largest amount of stocks to trade I believe. But they are slow to add NYSE stocks, whereas all the new Nasdaq IPOs go on straight away normally. So there will be stocks that you can't trade on there.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-10-30, 02:29 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 01:53 PM)JordanBrogan Wrote: Hi all, 

Jordan

Degiro or Interactive Brokers would be best to be able to trade everything with low costs imo. But they don't have an ISA option available.

In terms of the zero cost trading fees options. Trading 212 has the largest amount of stocks to trade I believe. But they are slow to add NYSE stocks, whereas all the new Nasdaq IPOs go on straight away normally. So there will be stocks that you can't trade on there.

Thank you!

Hi, Sorry to  be a noob and a pest. Im trying to put everything into practise without making too many beginner errors

Would the 2 attached charts be start of stage 2 ?
Am i right in thinking that MGI would be good to enter now as its got good volume and no near resistance 

However UAA needs more volume to break the resistance before considering entering ?

Thanks all 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just curious what you'd recommend a beginner to focus on. I don't have a lot of time and sometimes feel a wee bit overwhelmed with everything to learn. 

How do you use IBD? Is it wrong to pick a stock with good rating and in stage 2? Reviewing fundamentals is overwhelming to say the least. I like to read Seeking Alpha as well.

I'm reading O'Neils book and it's not as easy as Stan's. Thinking switching to Mark's for the time being. O'Neil uses 50MA whereas Stan it's 30MA confused on which and why.

I try to draw support and resistance on my charts and still learning how to read the patterns and practice. Plan on re-viewing class on Udemey and re-reading Stan's book. Thanks!!!

(2020-10-30, 05:40 PM)JordanBrogan Wrote: Hi, Sorry to  be a noob and a pest. Im trying to put everything into practise without making too many beginner errors

Would the 2 attached charts be start of stage 2 ?
Am i right in thinking that MGI would be good to enter now as its got good volume and no near resistance 

However UAA needs more volume to break the resistance before considering entering ?

First you need to use weekly charts when determining the Stages, and get your chart settings right. As the weekly chart uses the 30 week MA and 10 week MA.

Both are in early Stage 2A, but UAA is what we'd consider a low quality Stage 2, as it is still under significant zone of resistance, and the Relative Strength versus the S&P 500 is still below a declining zero line. So would likely need a lot more time before it was considered under the method. Probably another 6 months or more to get away from the resistance.

MGI was better, but its already move almost 50% above the breakout point. So you would be waiting for the initial Stage 2 pullback / next base to form for a potential entry.

isatrader