Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 143

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2020-09-20, 04:28 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 12:24 PM)ianbate222 Wrote: I was hoping that you could take a quick look at bus.v on the Toronto venture exchange. It is Grande West Transportation.
I believe the stage 2 breakout price is over 0.75 but just want to confirm. It would need high volume ( currently 30 ma is still declining). I would post a chart but having problems on my end so it has nothing to do with your system.

The recent lower high at 0.66 would be the new level for the top of Stage 1 base. But is still a long way to get there, and this one had a very large decline of over 90% of its value. So you'd want a much bigger base ideally and exceptional volume as it's a really big laggard. Hence, I'd put it on a watchlist with an alert, but otherwise you'd just check it in a few months or so. Personally, it would be avoided. As I don't want to trade stocks that have had big declines ever as there's normally a reason for it.

Thanks for pointing out it is the recent lower high and not the 0.75 level to watch and yes it is understood a longer base would be ideal and it may take longer to even get to o.66. And if it does break 0.66 I do understand it would need really big volume to qualify as a trigger otherwise it could just be a failed breakout.
Thanks for this,
Ian

Hi Isa,
Can I get your take on IPA.V. it looks really good near time highs 2.66 on huge volume last few weeks. Extended from 10 ma weekly but often I see stocks extended from 10 ma on weekly that have no resistance above and in time go much higher.
Thanks for your insight.

Best,
Ian

(2020-10-02, 04:54 PM)ianbate222 Wrote: Hi Isa,
Can I get your take on IPA.V. it looks really good near time highs 2.66 on huge volume last few weeks. Extended from 10 ma weekly but often I see stocks extended from 10 ma on weekly that have no resistance above and  in time go much higher.
Thanks for your insight.

Best,
Ian

September 8th was the previous entry day with a breakout from a cup with handle pattern on strong relative volume, and relative strength near to the highs. You have to find these earlier before the breakout, so that you can get in on the breakout day. Otherwise you need to wait for the next base to form, as is already 40-60% above the previous entry point. As you should never buy when extended.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-10-02, 05:31 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-10-02, 04:54 PM)ianbate222 Wrote: Hi Isa,
Can I get your take on IPA.V. it looks really good near time highs 2.66 on huge volume last few weeks. Extended from 10 ma weekly but often I see stocks extended from 10 ma on weekly that have no resistance above and  in time go much higher.
Thanks for your insight.

Best,
Ian

September 8th was the previous entry day with a breakout from a cup with handle pattern on strong relative volume, and relative strength near to the highs. You have to find these earlier before the breakout, so that you can get in on the breakout day. Otherwise you need to wait for the next base to form, as is already 40-60% above the previous entry point. As you should never buy when extended.
Thanks for the quick note. I only learned about it when it was about 2.20 so bought then.

Hi Isa, do you think Apha is a buy now?

Thanks,
Ian

(2020-10-09, 11:34 PM)ianbate222 Wrote: Hi Isa, do you think Apha is a buy now?

Thanks,
Ian

I can't give you direct buy or sell advice, as not qualified or licensed for that. But I can tell where it is in terms of the method, which is potentially at the very earliest point of a Stage 2A or still rallying within Stage 1, as it hasn't yet cleared resistance. So personally, I would be looking for it to consolidate under the recent highs and above the 50 day MA on lighter volume to show that the selling pressure is gone and that it's ready for a potential move higher. As that would then give you a lower risk entry point if it then broke out. Look for a volatility contraction (VCP) near the highs.

Also, what sector is it in? How is that doing? How are its competitor stocks doing? is this the best stock in the group etc?

Always think about risk first. i.e. where should you put your stop loss if you bought now? Where's the support levels if it pulls back etc? Is it greater than -10%? If so you've missed the initial move, and should wait for the next consolidation or base. As you should always define your risk first.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-10-10, 11:07 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Thanks,
Ian

I can't give you direct buy or sell advice, as not qualified or licensed for that. But I can tell where it is in terms of the method, which is potentially at the very earliest point of a Stage 2A or still rallying within Stage 1, as it hasn't yet cleared resistance. So personally, I would be looking for it to consolidate under the recent highs and above the 50 day MA on lighter volume to show that the selling pressure is gone and that it's ready for a potential move higher. As that would then give you a lower risk entry point if it then broke out. Look for a volatility contraction (VCP) near the highs.

Also, what sector is it in? How is that doing? How are its competitor stocks doing? is this the best stock in the group etc?

Always think about risk first. i.e. where should you put your stop loss if you bought now? Where's the support levels if it pulls back etc? Is it greater than -10%? If so you've missed the initial move, and should wait for the next consolidation or base. As you should always define your risk first.
Thank you Isa. Yes, of course you cannot recommend to anyone to buy sell or hold.
I appreciate your analysis.
Ian

(2020-10-10, 11:07 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Thanks,
Ian

Hi Isa,
I looked through the sector and it is pretty bad. Probably better to focus on good stocks in the tech sector until that sector shows signs of topping out.

Regards,
Ian