Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 17

RE: Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone!

My name is Tom Dircks and I am a high school senior who has a passion for the financial markets. I read Stan's book December of 2015, and it has really helped me develop a more consistent strategy. At the moment the only trading I do is in simulators, but I will be opening a discount brokerage account when I turn 18.

Also does anyone have any recommendation for a good discount broker?

All the best

Tom

(2016-03-18, 03:24 AM)Tom Dircks Wrote: Hello everyone!

My name is Tom Dircks and I am a high school senior who has a passion for the financial markets. I read Stan's book December of 2015, and it has really helped me develop a more consistent strategy. At the moment the only trading I do is in simulators, but I will be opening a discount brokerage account when I turn 18.

Also does anyone have any recommendation for a good discount broker?

All the best

Tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the site.

I haven't used it myself, but I know there's a new discount broker called Robinhood, that is commission free, which might be what you need if you are going to have a small account to trade with.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi,

I'm Olivier, french guy. I'm very familiar with stan's method that I have been using for years.
I'm the runner of a french website dedicated to stage analysis (here : http://www.barrabourse.com/portefeuille-2016/ ).

Very nice to read your comment.
cheers

Barra

(2016-03-30, 01:51 AM)barra Wrote: Hi,

I'm Olivier, french guy. I'm very familiar with stan's method that I have been using for years.
I'm the runner of a french website dedicated to stage analysis (here : http://www.barrabourse.com/portefeuille-2016/ ).

Very nice to read your comment.
cheers

Barra

Hi Olivier, it's nice to see another fan of Stan's method, and good work on your site.

I look forward to some interesting discussions.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi everyone,
just completed Stan Weinstein's book and looking at charts in a new way. Would love to discuss analysis with others. Idea

(This post was last modified: 2016-04-18, 08:56 PM by kero.)

Hi everyone !

Living in France, I'm history teacher. And interested in stock markets.

I first started trading in 2007, just before the big bear market started. I discovered Stan Weinstein's book and used it. It saved me from losing money in this difficult moment, but I didn't manage to read it carefully enough to have a clean trading system. So finally I stopped, with 0 losses and nearly 0 profit. Starting again now to trade, but my intention is to better apply Stan's method.

Btw, it's really cool this board exists. I'll be really interested in reading it. Also, sorry in advance, but I have a quite poor english level. I'll try doing my best !

Cheers,

kero

Hello everyone,

First please forgive me for my poor English, i'm French haha.

I'm a 24 years old student with a master degree in corporate finance, i'm also a financial writer for a french website, and i have been passionate about trading and investing for years.

I started as a fundamentalist contrarian goldbug stockmarket bear, but those last 3 years i started to embrace the principles of trend following and my favorite investment area is new technologies (i'm not saying it's a rational trading strategy, i just find it even more interesting).

I'm reading Stan's books, so i didn't yet assimilate all the ideas.

Thank you all

Hi

My wife and I have invested in the U.S. stock market for many years. We have invested in Vanguard index funds for over twenty years. We saw index funds as a means to beat inflation while minimizing risk. I have been a member of the American Association of Individual Investors for about 15 years. I have a limited knowledge of technical analysis and fundamental analysis. I have read about Stan Weinstein's stage analysis model. I did read a book by Chuck Dukas, "The TRENDadvisor Guide to Beakthrough Profits." This book relies upon stage analysis and uses charts and technical analysis indicators to define the following six stages: recovery, accumulation, bullish, warning, distribution and bearish. Both Stan Weinstein and Chuck Dukas are listed in the article "The Best and the Brightest of Technical Analysis," Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities V. 21:12 (54-56). Mr. Dukas has a website at www.trendadvisor.com. Thank you very much for your website. It is exceptionally educational and useful.

Neal