Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 15

RE: Introduce yourself here!

(2015-02-05, 07:57 PM)terces Wrote: I'm a Canadian, retired commercial real estate owner, developer etc. I have been treading water the past few years following some flawed advice to follow a very dogmatic contrarian approach. I'm used to having great success, so the past few years have been a bit humbling. I have often heard the advice to pick one investing style and stick with it, so I did. We are invested in a lot of precious metal stocks, which are now approaching a bottom, so I will be OK long term. Fortunately when the oil melt down hit I had enough of Stan's approach in my head to steer clear of the oil and gas, but not enough knowledge to short it. So although he hasn't made me any money yet, he sure saved me a lot! I first read Stan's book in 2014 and when I back tested the contrarian approach we had been using I was shocked at the inappropriate entry points we had used. The book was like a huge breath of fresh air. It totally makes sense. I've studied every word of it and slept with it. This week I made my first short sales using Stan's approach and have Buy Stops in place that will limit my exposure to around 10%. Simple, but complex, and brilliant.
I am very interested in having this forum as a place to double check before leaping.
Ron

Welcome to Stage Analysis. If you have any questions or need any help finding anything on the site then let me know. But a good place to start is the Beginners Questions thread as that has a lot of commonly asked questions.

New members get a one week free trial of the Elite Board, so take advantage of that to view the entire site and the daily updates.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hello all,

New to the forum so I thought this would be my first stop. Ive read the book and found the Weinstein method to be interesting so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what happens. I came across this thread on multiple occasions lurking in the forums lol, until recently when I joined the premium membership. Anyways I'm anxious to delve deeper into this method so onto the newb questions section i go.

Greetings from Switzerland. Thanks for putting this excellent resource and community together which I happened to stumble upon in my quest for continuous learning. Have been investing and then trading for about 12-14 years. Trading on global markets -- mostly US, European and Asian. Discovered Stan's great work about 10-11 years and since have read, re-read it several times and also recommended it many times over. I refuse to part with my well worn and heavily annotated copy with my notes and reminders to self. Smile Every now and then I go back to read it and learn something 'new' (or more likely re-learn it). Tongue

I am also a PnF follower and try to combine Stan and Dorsey's approaches. Particularly interested to know if you report on PnF/Dorsey's sector or stock attributes here alongside Stage analyses. Would love to know if members have experience combining these two methods as well.

Best wishes

(2015-03-06, 08:49 PM)voyager Wrote: I am also a PnF follower and try to combine Stan and Dorsey's approaches. Particularly interested to know if you report on PnF/Dorsey's sector or stock attributes here alongside Stage analyses. Would love to know if members have experience combining these two methods as well.

Best wishes

Nice to meet another PnF follower over here. I think Weinstein and Dorsey have certain things in common: the relative strength 'trend' or relative performance as Isatrader likes to call it and the importance of the sector.
I started following Weinstein strategy recently and am addicted to Dorsey's work. Sector bell curve, stock attributes, weekly distribution, weekly and monthly momentum, RS matrix... are particularities PnF followers are using too and could be advantageous for the stage analysis I think.
Nice you joined this board too...

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

(2015-03-06, 08:49 PM)voyager Wrote: Greetings from Switzerland. Thanks for putting this excellent resource and community together which I happened to stumble upon in my quest for continuous learning. Have been investing and then trading for about 12-14 years. Trading on global markets -- mostly US, European and Asian. Discovered Stan's great work about 10-11 years and since have read, re-read it several times and also recommended it many times over. I refuse to part with my well worn and heavily annotated copy with my notes and reminders to self. Smile Every now and then I go back to read it and learn something 'new' (or more likely re-learn it). Tongue

I am also a PnF follower and try to combine Stan and Dorsey's approaches. Particularly interested to know if you report on PnF/Dorsey's sector or stock attributes here alongside Stage analyses. Would love to know if members have experience combining these two methods as well.

Best wishes

Welcome to Stage Analysis. I'm very pleased to have you on the board.

I've been combining Weinstein's and Dorsey's methods for a number of years now and see them as hugely complimentary and largely very similar in a lot of ways, as the relative performance versus the market and sectors as well as individual stocks is key in both methods, and also significant support and resistance levels, base breakouts and market breadth data and much more.

Market Breadth is especially important in both methods for market timing and for example my custom US sector breadth visual diagram that I produce most weeks in the market breadth extra thread to give a snapshot of the market position/health was inspired by the sector bell curve that Dorsey does.

The Dorsey sector and stock attributes aren't reported on here as it's a private Dorsey service, but members that do have access to that service do occasionally give some nuggets of info when they are posting about a stock or sector for the watchlist. However, we have our own ways of getting the same information, and mostly for free with a bit of hard work and collaboration from the members of Stage Analysis. So I'd recommend taking advantage of your free one week trial to look around the elite board, as that's where the majority of the regular content is posted, such as the market breadth extra thread and main daily watchlist threads.

Once again, welcome to the site and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hello everyone,

I am a 28 year old man, born and raised in The Netherlands. I still live there to this day.
Started trading last October. It kinda came to me after I read an add on Facebook, off all places. Having been
somebody that rarely gets out of his comfort-zone and doesn't like to take risks, I figured hell with it and let me try it. Can't say I regret it. It has had my attention every since. Didn't really know what I was doing when I first started, but I did make some nice profits (luck?) and saw it all go down the drain cause I lacked the knowledge about the overall market and how she moves (profit-taking after break-outs, bad news from the FED, company's missing estimates etc). A lady on stocktwits put me on to Stan Weinstein's book and its very easy to read. Even though I understand what he writes, I find it frustrating that I don't have anybody to talk to about the book. Mostly to find out if I'm using the theory the right way. I use stockcharts.com to analyze the stocks and do so by using the weekly charts. Not into daytrading but mostly investing or trading for a longer period of time.

I hope to learn from everybody on here so I can the theory to work even better! Smile

Good luck to all on your trading and investments!

(2015-04-13, 10:55 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am a 28 year old man, born and raised in The Netherlands. I still live there to this day.
Started trading last October. It kinda came to me after I read an add on Facebook, off all places. Having been
somebody that rarely gets out of his comfort-zone and doesn't like to take risks, I figured hell with it and let me try it. Can't say I regret it. It has had my attention every since. Didn't really know what I was doing when I first started, but I did make some nice profits (luck?) and saw it all go down the drain cause I lacked the knowledge about the overall market and how she moves (profit-taking after break-outs, bad news from the FED, company's missing estimates etc). A lady on stocktwits put me on to Stan Weinstein's book and its very easy to read. Even though I understand what he writes, I find it frustrating that I don't have anybody to talk to about the book. Mostly to find out if I'm using the theory the right way. I use stockcharts.com to analyze the stocks and do so by using the weekly charts. Not into daytrading but mostly investing or trading for a longer period of time.

I hope to learn from everybody on here so I can the theory to work even better! Smile

Good luck to all on your trading and investments!

Welcome to the site GlobalCitizen, which has gotten quite big now, so take your time to read though all of the threads, and take advantage of the free one week trial that you have as a new member to read some of the content in the Elite Board, as that's the most active part of the site with daily updates of stocks for the watchlists, market breadth changes etc.

If you have any questions the best place to post them is in the beginners questions thread or you can ask me direct by private message if it's something you don't want to post. But as I said, take you time to read through the threads as well as the old thread on trade2win as there is years of discussions and information that will likely answer any questions that you have.

By the sounds of things you are very early in your trading education. It will take time to learn the method correctly, and you will need to experience the market Stages first hand to get a better understanding of them. So my advice to you as a new trader would be to be patient and first learn how to minimize your loses before you worry about making any decent gains.

Cheers

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2015-05-28, 12:23 AM by Amedee.)

(2015-04-13, 11:19 PM)isatrader Wrote: By the sounds of things you are very early in your trading education. It will take time to learn the method correctly, and you will need to experience the market Stages first hand to get a better understanding of them. So my advice to you as a new trader would be to be patient and first learn how to minimize your loses before you worry about making any decent gains.

Cheers

I agree with wat Isatrader says. I always remembered this phrase: "Make sure you stay in the game" or in other words, minimize your losses! Never work without a 'hard' stop loss.

Good luck,

(2015-03-07, 01:19 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 08:49 PM)voyager Wrote: I am also a PnF follower and try to combine Stan and Dorsey's approaches. Particularly interested to know if you report on PnF/Dorsey's sector or stock attributes here alongside Stage analyses. Would love to know if members have experience combining these two methods as well.

Best wishes

The Dorsey sector and stock attributes aren't reported on here as it's a private Dorsey service, but members that do have access to that service do occasionally give some nuggets of info when they are posting about a stock or sector for the watchlist. However, we have our own ways of getting the same information, and mostly for free with a bit of hard work and collaboration from the members of Stage Analysis. So I'd recommend taking advantage of your free one week trial to look around the elite board, as that's where the majority of the regular content is posted, such as the market breadth extra thread and main daily watchlist threads.

Cheers

Hi voyager, how are you doing? Are you still on the message board?
Any Weinstein or PnF trades?

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...