Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 14

RE: Introduce yourself here!

(2015-01-11, 12:18 AM)dve845 Wrote: Hi David,

Will do. As a matter of fact, I'll probably have some students starting February who could work on a stage analysis project (proof of concept). Learning to recognize stages, generating exercises automatically and stuff like that, up to the full monty described above. So it might well be that I'll introduce that stuff in here to let the people here do some sort of beta testing :-)

Hear you seen
dirk

I'm sure some of the members and of course myself would be glad to help with the testing.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Cheers

David

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-01-11, 12:24 AM)isatrader Wrote: I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Me too (what they come up with :-) )

Signing off (00:33 here)

(2015-01-11, 12:07 AM)isatrader Wrote: [quote='Amedee' pid='6393' dateline='1420925111']
By the Way David, I was having a look at the forum and was trying to access the market breath extra page in the premium members section. I can't find that section, although I have a week free access to the premium section.

Amedee

Hi Amedee, I'm not sure why you can't find the Market Breadth Extra thread as it's in the same forum as the US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) thread that you've already replied to, and so it has the same access privileges. But's here's a link if you still can't find it: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...29#pid6329

I've checked by signing up as new member and can see it with no problems on my end, so I think you must have just missed it. It's in the Stage Analysis (Premium) board, in the same place as the Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market, US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium), Feedback, Stop Loss Positioning Guide and UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium). See attached screenshot, where I've circled it in red.

I hope that helps

Cheers

Thank you, I missed it... I didn't delve in deep enough... Stage analysis has different sections/threads... Sorry

Amedee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-11, 10:50 PM by Amedee.)

(2015-01-11, 01:15 AM)Amedee Wrote: [quote='isatrader' pid='6395' dateline='1420931243']
[quote='Amedee' pid='6393' dateline='1420925111']
By the Way David, I was having a look at the forum and was trying to access the market breath extra page in the premium members section. I can't find that section, although I have a week free access to the premium section.

Amedee

Hi Amedee, I'm not sure why you can't find the Market Breadth Extra thread as it's in the same forum as the US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) thread that you've already replied to, and so it has the same access privileges. But's here's a link if you still can't find it: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...29#pid6329

I've checked by signing up as new member and can see it with no problems on my end, so I think you must have just missed it. It's in the Stage Analysis (Premium) board, in the same place as the Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market, US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium), Feedback, Stop Loss Positioning Guide and UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium). See attached screenshot, where I've circled it in red.

I hope that helps

Cheers

Thank you, I missed it... I didn't delve in deep enough... Stage analysis has different sections/threads... Sorry

Amedee

I've started re-reading Stan Weinsteins's book and read the Stage Analysis Study Guide thread with the 'mystery stocks' on this forum.
Very interesting and well done! I hope to come back on one of the tickers you mentioned in the thread: BSX
I also upgraded my membership to premium so keep up the good work! Wink

Amedee

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

Hi there

Not new to technical analysis but I've been away from the market for about 15 years so I decided to read a copy of Stan's book which I thought was very straightforward and consumes minimal time.
My background is in applied math so if anyone has any general questions, I'd be glad to help.

Attached Files
.bmp   bmb_small_cycling_photo.bmp (Size: 51.05 KB / Downloads: 401)

I am a semi-retired chartered accountant, I have been active on the stock market for approx. 15 years now, initially as a hobby but more seriously for the past 5 years. As my accountancy/tax practice continues to scale down, my investing/trading must become my primary source of income.

I was first introduced to Stan's stage analysis system while doing a technical analysis course early in 2011. Although the course devoted only 2 pages to stage analysis (as part of a total of 185 pages), Stan's approach immediately resonated with me, it seemed to "jump out" from the clutter of all the other stuff & jargon that the course contained - somehow that day my gut told me that *this* was the system for me to use. I bought the book and have been using the stage analysis system ever since, with decent success thusfar. I approach it on the long side mostly as an 'investor' not a 'trader'. Recently I have been experimenting with shorts - with mixed results, thusfar I'm more or less at break-even with shorts. Going forward I would like also to try some 'trading' using the stage analysis system.

As far as longs go, whilst my results have been pretty decent I do believe I can do better - my entries and exits tend to be a bit sloppy - often rushed, often ill-timed (when looking retrospectively), too often influenced by what some or other 'guru' has said. My stop-placement also needs some work, it has not been ideal. I was delighted to find this forum and believe that I can learn a lot from all of you here.

I am in South Africa and so trade on the Johannesburg SE but including some international ETF-type products which are quoted here locally. The detail here in this forum on the US & UK markets will not be directly applicable to me, but I hope to learn from you all in terms of tweaking/refining/improving my use and implementation of stage analysis.

cheers,
Keith

(2015-02-04, 06:21 AM)keithbin Wrote: I am a semi-retired chartered accountant, I have been active on the stock market for approx. 15 years now, initially as a hobby but more seriously for the past 5 years. As my accountancy/tax practice continues to scale down, my investing/trading must become my primary source of income.

I was first introduced to Stan's stage analysis system while doing a technical analysis course early in 2011. Although the course devoted only 2 pages to stage analysis (as part of a total of 185 pages), Stan's approach immediately resonated with me, it seemed to "jump out" from the clutter of all the other stuff & jargon that the course contained - somehow that day my gut told me that *this* was the system for me to use. I bought the book and have been using the stage analysis system ever since, with decent success thusfar. I approach it on the long side mostly as an 'investor' not a 'trader'. Recently I have been experimenting with shorts - with mixed results, thusfar I'm more or less at break-even with shorts. Going forward I would like also to try some 'trading' using the stage analysis system.

As far as longs go, whilst my results have been pretty decent I do believe I can do better - my entries and exits tend to be a bit sloppy - often rushed, often ill-timed (when looking retrospectively), too often influenced by what some or other 'guru' has said. My stop-placement also needs some work, it has not been ideal. I was delighted to find this forum and believe that I can learn a lot from all of you here.

I am in South Africa and so trade on the Johannesburg SE but including some international ETF-type products which are quoted here locally. The detail here in this forum on the US & UK markets will not be directly applicable to me, but I hope to learn from you all in terms of tweaking/refining/improving my use and implementation of stage analysis.

cheers,
Keith

I'm glad to have you on board Keith, and look forward to having some good discussions with you.

Let me know if you need any help with finding anything on the site, or if you have any questions.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I'm a Canadian, retired commercial real estate owner, developer etc. I have been treading water the past few years following some flawed advice to follow a very dogmatic contrarian approach. I'm used to having great success, so the past few years have been a bit humbling. I have often heard the advice to pick one investing style and stick with it, so I did. We are invested in a lot of precious metal stocks, which are now approaching a bottom, so I will be OK long term. Fortunately when the oil melt down hit I had enough of Stan's approach in my head to steer clear of the oil and gas, but not enough knowledge to short it. So although he hasn't made me any money yet, he sure saved me a lot! I first read Stan's book in 2014 and when I back tested the contrarian approach we had been using I was shocked at the inappropriate entry points we had used. The book was like a huge breath of fresh air. It totally makes sense. I've studied every word of it and slept with it. This week I made my first short sales using Stan's approach and have Buy Stops in place that will limit my exposure to around 10%. Simple, but complex, and brilliant.
I am very interested in having this forum as a place to double check before leaping.
Ron