Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 2

Exclamation 

RE: Introduce yourself here!

Hi fellow traders,

My name is Sapphire and I found this forum via trade2win. I was never a member of the forum due to my job restrictions. Ive quit my job as a stockbroker, and now I am free to invest how I want without the company monitoring my account.

I was introduced to the Weinstein method after an collegue told me about it. That collegue has also left the investment world too. Lol

Well anyway, Im seeking to learn and Im happy to be here.Blush

Hi
I came across this forum after reading isatraders posts on Trade2Win.
I have been trading for a few years - Forex and stocks on any time frame from 5 min to daily.
Have finally decided to settle on daily timeframe due to work commitments and also less stressful!
Really like Weinsteins approach - read the book and enjoyed it. Like a few here - was initially put off by it - perhaps due to its age and quality of charts/illustrations but have read it and it is full of great advice. Really keen to follow this logical approach. I am UK based.

isatrader - what software are you using for your tables of relative strengths and charts - is it pro real time?

Cheers

(2013-05-09, 08:35 PM)bluemosaic Wrote: isatrader - what software are you using for your tables of relative strengths and charts - is it pro real time?

Welcome to the site bluemosaic, I use an EOD software called ProTA Gold for the relative performance tables and my main charts. Although I do use ProRealTime and Stockcharts as well as you'll probably have noticed, but they can't produce the relative performance tables which ProTA does. And would be required to be produced manually in a spreadsheet if you use those.

You mentioned that you are UK based, which I am as well, and will be doing UK stock and sector charts, as well as relative performance tables more regularly. So maybe that will help.

If you have any questions about the method, then the best place to post them is in the Beginners Questions Thread

Let me know if you need any help, and I hope you enjoy the site.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2013-05-09, 09:25 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 08:35 PM)bluemosaic Wrote: isatrader - what software are you using for your tables of relative strengths and charts - is it pro real time?

Welcome to the site bluemosaic, I use an EOD software called ProTA Gold for the relative performance tables and my main charts. Although I do use ProRealTime and Stockcharts as well as you'll probably have noticed, but they can't produce the relative performance tables which ProTA does. And would be required to be produced manually in a spreadsheet if you use those.

You mentioned that you are UK based, which I am as well, and will be doing UK stock and sector charts, as well as relative performance tables more regularly. So maybe that will help.

If you have any questions about the method, then the best place to post them is in the Beginners Questions Thread

Let me know if you need any help, and I hope you enjoy the site.

Great-I am more interested in UK shares so sector and share commentary would be of interest. Am happy to start contributing screenshots/analysis. I currently use sharescope gold which I really like. This provides sectors but I cannot write custom indicators - need plus version for that. Please let me know thoughts on above analysis.

(2013-05-09, 10:00 PM)bluemosaic Wrote: Great-I am more interested in UK shares so sector and share commentary would be of interest. Am happy to start contributing screenshots/analysis. I currently use sharescope gold which I really like. This provides sectors but I cannot write custom indicators - need plus version for that. Please let me know thoughts on above analysis.

That's good to hear, as one of my main aims for the site is to bring people to together that have the same focus and follow Weinstein's method and want collaborate on finding stocks, etfs etc that meet the methods key requirements.

I will be interested to see what the sharescope charts are like, and let me know if you have questions about the proper set up.

As I know you're interested in UK stocks, attached is the latest relative performance table for the FTSE 350 stocks. I've only done the top 50 ranking stocks, as that should give you a good starting point.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi all,

(just noticed this thread after having posted on a separate thread in this site).

I am UK based, and having read that a few others are too, my locality is Cardiff, Wales.

I have been investing/trading for around 4 years. Mainly around the commodity based equities. I got lucky, in a sense, in 2010 as I just came across commodity based stocks just prior to the commondities bull market in 2010-2011. I made some crazy returns %-wise with some of my stocks going up over 1000% in the space of 6 months. However, I watched all those whittle away as I wasn't really clued up on what bull/bear markets was...I just thought that the stocks would keep rising. Luckily, I still made some money on those some and have kept my skin in the game to start to understand how the markets work. Reading Stans book, after having experienced in full effect the joys and pains of the 2010/2011 commodities bull market (the bear aspect is still in affect even now) the book hit home on a lot of fronts...which is why I connected it the book straight away. Do I wish I read the book before I started investing...no, because I strongly believe that people need to through experiences to fully learn from/about them. Watching large profits turn negative has moved my stance from a investor (default) to a trader (learning/aspiring).

I am in the process of assembling my trading set up (both hardware and software), and its interesting to hear that ShareScope is posted above (was recommended this by someone recently). I currently use ProRealTime, although it is the free part (daily/delayed charts only). Until my spare room is set up properly if delayed subscribing to a premium based service. It is also great to hear about the coverage of sector analysis here, as I plan to incorporate this into my proposed stage analysis set up.

I current trade UK based equities and am training up on the futures markets to trade commodities and indexes.

looking forward to sharing knowledge and experiences with you going forward.

Quote:I strongly believe that people need to through experiences to fully learn from/about them. Watching large profits turn negative has moved my stance from a investor (default) to a trader (learning/aspiring).

Couldn't agree more Tryst. Welcome and nice to have you here-

(2013-05-19, 11:52 PM)Locked in Wrote:
Quote:I strongly believe that people need to through experiences to fully learn from/about them. Watching large profits turn negative has moved my stance from a investor (default) to a trader (learning/aspiring).

Couldn't agree more Tryst. Welcome and nice to have you here-
+1, and a warm welcome from me Tryst.