Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 13

RE: Introduce yourself here!

(2015-01-07, 10:25 AM)dve845 Wrote: Hello all,

To keep this short, I'm a trader for about 25 years now (I'll be 44 at the end of the month). Author in Stocks & Commodities, Traders' Magazine and several local newspapers and our National Shareholders Organization (I'm from Belgium). Chartmill is my website (I have another smaller one in Dutch - never mind).
Read about 400 books on trading, investing, psychology and financial markets ... Stan's book is probably in my top 5 (if not in my top 3) of 'all you need to know to be successful'.

Stumbled on this website (which I like already) by searching for information on an article about relative strength and market breadth stuff. Funny, how below the article http://stageanalysis.net/reference/how-t...icator/558 I saw Chartmill mentioned. By the way, administrators reading this, the link somehow got broken and should change to http://www.chartmill.com/documentation.p...Mansfield). Will check out this forum more in detail in the days to come.

I'll wrap this up for now with wishing everybody here all the best for 2015!

Cheers
dirk

Hi Dirk, thanks for the heads up. I hadn't checked the link for a while, so didn't realize that the article had been split into two and moved. So thanks for letting me know, as I've now updated the link.

I'm a big fan of chartmill.com and I use the scanner regularly to try and find suitable stocks for the Stage Analysis watchlists and find the effective volume data especially useful. So congrats on great website and I look forward to chatting more.

Cheers

David

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-07, 05:52 PM by Amedee.)

RE: Introduce yourself here! Amedee (B)

Hi administrators and message board,

I started investing and learning about investing some 3 years ago through www.monest.net (Belgium) and Chartmill.com. My native language is Dutch. I am 49 years old.
One of your recently registered users (Dve845) left a note on Monest.net about this forum, referring to Chartmill. That way I discovered this forum. It looks promising!
'Trading your beliefs' is a powerfull expression and my beliefs are risk management, education, point and figure charting (1 box and 3 box reversal charts), market trend and breath, sector rotation, relative strength trend (once again point and figure). I invest through Interactive Brokers and I am a active user of the website of Tom Dorsey http://dorseywright.com and their professional forum (if you like point and figure, give the free 21 day trial of their forum and site a try, it's worth it!). Apart from monest.net, dorseywright is the only subscription I have.
Some of my favorite books are:
- Stan Weinstein, profiting in bull and bear markets Wink
- Justin Mamis, when to sell Heart
- Tom Dorsey, Point and figure charting
- Jeremy Du Plessis, The definitive guide to point and figure Heart
- Leslie N. Masonson, Buy - Don't hold
- Howard V. Prenzel, Dynamic trendline charting Heart
- Earl Blumenthal, Chart for profit point & figure trading
- Victor DeVilliers, Owen Taylor, Point and figure charting Heart
- A.W. Cohen, Three point reversal method of point and figure stock market trading
- And others
I hope to learn and share things. Have a nice day!

Amedee

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

Hi Amedee, welcome to the site.

That's an interesting book list, with a few books on point and figure that I haven't seen before. I'm a big fan of Tom Dorsey's work also, and find that it merges beautifully with Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis method as it's based on the same principles of significant breakouts with strong relative performance versus the market and it's peers and key support and resistance zones, although minus the volume aspect of Weinstein's method. But in general it's trying to do the same thing as Weinstein's method but is based on P&F charts instead of line charts.

On here you'll find that I use both line and P&F charts to identify stocks for the watchlist and also post the daily P&F double top breakouts and and double bottom breakdowns in the US market with a market cap over 50million, from which I've created a unique set of indicators including the Cumulative P&F Breakouts minus Breakdowns in the S&P 500 and the same in the S&P1500. Which I think is as useful for market breadth as the Advance Decline and New High New Low data.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the site, and let me know if you need any help

Kind regards

David

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-10, 10:41 PM by Amedee.)

I was editing my message and deleted to much...
Was talking about the book of DeVilliers and Taylor that I liked very much (like the other ones...)
See
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905641...PDKIKX0DER
It's especially about one box reversal charts that they use in conjunction with 3 box reversal charts. Quite an old work but very interesting with some very strong patterns, risk/rewards...

By the Way David, I was having a look at the forum and was trying to access the market breath extra page in the premium members section. I can't find that section, although I have a week free access to the premium section.

Amedee

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-11, 12:00 AM by dve845.)

Quote:I'm a big fan of chartmill.com and I use the scanner regularly to try and find suitable stocks for the Stage Analysis watchlists and find the effective volume data especially useful. So congrats on great website and I look forward to chatting more.

Cheers

David

David,

In the future we would want to offer more on ChartMill on market breadth, stage analysis and relative strength dynamics (so not RS, which is already in ChartMill at this moment), but also ways to scan/visualize stock migration in the RS ranking/landscape.

Not quite yet as the first half year we have some heavy backend stuff, more data coming (covering the whole of Euronext and Germany) and building and providing an API (so others can integrate their websites with CM goodies).

Cheers
Dirk

(2015-01-10, 10:25 PM)Amedee Wrote: By the Way David, I was having a look at the forum and was trying to access the market breath extra page in the premium members section. I can't find that section, although I have a week free access to the premium section.

Amedee

Hi Amedee, I'm not sure why you can't find the Market Breadth Extra thread as it's in the same forum as the US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) thread that you've already replied to, and so it has the same access privileges. But's here's a link if you still can't find it: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...29#pid6329

I've checked by signing up as new member and can see it with no problems on my end, so I think you must have just missed it. It's in the Stage Analysis (Premium) board, in the same place as the Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market, US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium), Feedback, Stop Loss Positioning Guide and UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium). See attached screenshot, where I've circled it in red.

I hope that helps

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

(2015-01-11, 12:00 AM)dve845 Wrote: David,

In the future we would want to offer more on ChartMill on market breadth, stage analysis and relative strength dynamics (so not RS, which is already in ChartMill at this moment), but also ways to scan/visualize stock migration in the RS ranking/landscape.

Not quite yet as the first half year we have some heavy backend stuff, more data coming (covering the whole of Euronext and Germany) and building and providing an API (so others can integrate their websites with CM goodies).

Cheers
Dirk

I will look forward to that then, and get in contact if you need any help with any Stage Analysis related features.

Cheers

David

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2015-01-11, 12:35 AM by dve845.)

Quote:I will look forward to that then, and get in contact if you need any help with any Stage Analysis related features.

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Will do. As a matter of fact, I'll probably have some students starting February who could work on a stage analysis project (proof of concept). Learning to recognize stages, generating exercises automatically and stuff like that, up to the full monty described above. So it might well be that I'll introduce that stuff in here to let the people here do some sort of beta testing :-)

Hear you soon
dirk