Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 11

RE: Introduce yourself here!

(2014-04-24, 10:05 PM)zehjmz Wrote: in his investing period turned in a healthy profit of around $2M following Stan
Jim
Warm welcome Jim. Can't get a better endorsement for the method than that!

Elite Membership

Quote:***********************************************
SPECIAL OFFER:

Permanent Access to the Elite Members Board

Stage analysis is now offering a new premium option for our members to have permanent access to the Elite Members board for a one off fee until the 30th April 2014. This option gives you a significant saving over the long term, as it's less than half the cost of the annual membership fees, so I'd recommend this option for all members that regularly use the Stage Analysis site.

What does Elite Access give you:
  • US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - each day we highlight the stocks and ETFs in the US market that are showing the price action, volume and relative performance attributes that Stan Weinstein's method looks for.
  • Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market - we scan over 5000 stocks every night in the US market and list the double top breakouts and double bottom breakdowns each day
  • Market Breadth Extra - an in-depth look at numerous market breadth indicators such as the Advance Decline indicators, New High New Lows, Moving Average breadth charts, NYSE Bullish Percent Index, and many more including custom breadth charts exclusive to the site
  • UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - highlighting stocks daily from the UK market that are showing the price action, volume and relative performance attributes that we look for with Stan Weinstein's method.
  • Stop Loss Positioning Guide - analysis of the stop loss placement from actual examples in Weinstein's Global Trend Alert (GTA) Newsletter
  • Members Threads - create your own space on the board to journal your trading, or just to have a scrapbook for your charts and thoughts on potential trades you are watching etc
  • Learn the Four Stages - example charts of the various stages to help learn how to identify the Stages correctly
  • Plus much more to come...
To become an Elite Member please subscribe via PayPal on the front page of the forum here: Premium Services using the Buy Now button.

Remember this special offer price is only available until 30th April 2014.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-29, 03:35 PM by KnockNAQ.)

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I have just recently come upon the Weinstein book as a reco from my uncle. He turned $200k into $4m during the dotcom bubble and is now worth well over $15m. He turned me onto the Weinstein method of Stage Analysis and I have been studying it since about mid-february.

I have been using the different indicators from the book to find investment ideas. I use Thinkorswim by TDA so they didn't have the Mansfield RS indicator, but after a few days of coding, I figured it out and have built it from scratch. As far as screening for stocks is concerned, I use Mansfield and sift through the different Sector SPDRs to see which sector is outperforming then I do the same for the stocks within that sector. Seems fairly standard no?

I am still learning and have a way to go. The method seemed simple and straight forward at first, but I see that it really has a certain amount of complexity to it.

I was wondering if anyone has used these methodologies to trade a smaller time frame? And which parameters did you have to tweek to do so?

Also I'm confused about whether to use the Weighted 30wk MA or a standard one.

I'm attaching an example of the chart setups I am using. If you spot anything wrong please let me know. I'd love to hear how I can improve!

Thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A warm welcome to all of the new members to Stage Analysis recently, and it's good to hear that people have been introduced to it by their relatives that have done exceptionally well with it in the past. Hopefully many more of us can use it to be so successful in the markets in the future.

With regards to KnockNAQ's questions, you seem to be on the right track, as looking at the relative performance is one part of the method, and a good way to filter out undesirable stocks.

You should use a 30 week simple MA on your main weekly charts, although I found the 30 week weighted MA useful when I was first learning the stages, as it's easier to see when the stock is moving into Stages 1 or 3, as the weighted MA tends to flatten out. But the simple MA is the main one to use.

The 10 week simple MA should also be on your weekly chart, and this basically makes the 30 week weighted MA redundant, as it helps with the shorter term price action and moves into Stages 1 and 3. So just have the 10 and 30 week simple MA's on your weekly chart, with volume and the Mansfield RS.

A few final points on your weekly charts. Only show up to three years on your weekly chart, as support and resistance becomes less relevant the further out you go. And instead of the standard scale you are using, use a logarithmic scale, so that that you see the correct percentage moves of the price action, as Stage 1 bases are very hard to identify using a standard scale. Then once you have your weekly chart setup correctly, you can use the same settings on a monthly chart to view longer term price action as well.

Here are marked up charts with the weekly and daily settings that I use for Stage Analysis, which if you setup in the same or similar way will make it easier for you to compare new charts against the thousands of Stage Analysis examples on here.

I hope that helps you get started, and you can find other answers to similar frequently asked questions in the Beginners Questions thread and across the other threads on the Stage Analysis forum and also in the original thread that this website was born from on t2w here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technica...lysis.html

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

isatrader,

Thanks for the tips! This definitely tightened up the visual aspect of the strategy and it gives a much more clear picture.

I had actually been scouring both those threads for a while now, but its difficult to sift through the massive t2w thread. Either way both have been extremely helpful up to this point. I just need to dive deeper and learn the complexities of identifying the stages properly and try to create an understanding with that.

The work and time that you dedicated to both t2w and this site have been invaluable to a young trader like myself. I hope I can one day reach that level of understanding of Weintstein's method.

Thanks for everything so far!

Hello DannyBoy and Zehmjz. I thought I'd just say Hello from this side of the Pond.

It's good to hear of Stan's methods having worked and that is encouragement enough for all of us.

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"

Hi,

I found out about this thread on T2W a while back from ISATrader and registered but this is my first post. I stopped posting on T2W because it's frequented by self-entitled whingers and now I need a new home.

I trade (with mixed results) stock breakouts. I read Weinsteins book a few years ago and am going to give it a re-read and re-align my strategy with his.

Let the good times role.

China AKA Adrian

Hi,

I'm 18 years old and live in Zurich, Switzerland. Im a Swiss and US double citizen. I got into stocks about 2 years ago. I've instantly been attracted by technical analysis so I started reading a lot about it first on the internet and then in books. I did some trading in my Schwab account back then with mixed results, I more or less stayed at my initial capital. As I have lots of other interests and had my graduation from highschool (in Switzerland we have big finals and a paper in the last year) I lost track of the stock thing a bit.

But after it was over I got very interested again and read a lot and stumbled upon different books, including Weinstein's. I was totally hooked as everything he argumented made so much sense to me. As an example I always asked myself why the technical analysis people use that many different indicators, as in the end they're all plotting price and time data differently. And Stan Weinstein came with the RS which uses additional information and that just made perfect sense to me.

To make the long story short I read the book again and wrote a summary for myself and decided I wanna try to implement his method. My main question was: "Will this strategy still work today?" So my father and I equally contributed to an account at TradeStation, which I've more or less finished to setup a month ago with all the different indicators and chart types for the Stage Analysis. I came across this forum when was looking for the Mansfield RS formula and it gave me much hope for my experiment that so many people actually seem to be doing it and that there is an active discussion forum.

So now I've started regularly checking the charts for a month now and I haven't had any great success yet as I bought in to a couple Conventional Electricity stocks which staged a false breakout with not enough volume. I couldn't believe it and thought the price pattern looked great, but first lesson learnt! They broke back down and I sold, thanks to good money management for a very small loss. Did anyone else experience the same?

I have lots of questions regarding various things of the method, but first I will start to search and read the forum as I expect a lot of them to be discussed already. I'm looking forward to interesting discussions and helping each other, and hopefully a lot of A+ situations as Stan would say.

DrGnome