Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 27

RE: Introduce yourself here!

(2020-08-14, 04:21 PM)daddybyday Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 01:25 PM)ianbate222 Wrote: Hi, I just took the stage analysis course ( I have to review many sections as there is much too it). I highly recommend the course to others.
Ian

I just finished it as well, Ian, so we can be NOOBS together  Cool

Tom

Speaking of noobs I guess I should welcome myself. Been watching Shaun Attwood's videos on stans book and I felt the truth really resonated with me after watching other videos on the stock market.

I haven't finished the book yet but have gone through the first chapter twice to reiterate terms. Being from Australia I was training my eyes on charts in the ASX. I saw a company under BRN doing well with high volume and performing above MA after being in a long trading range. I wonder what you guys think if it?

Thanks.

Hi all,

Thought I might as well do this..
Im Jordan, 20 years old, always been interested in the stock market but never knew where to start (a lot of rubbish out there ) and my parents didn't want me to risk my savings incase it all failed (fair enough) . I found the book and this forum though shaun Atwood. 
Im starting out with 1k capital (lost a tad from making some rookie mistakes) however if all goes well, willing to invest some more in a few months time 
I work in finance but currently furloughed again so theres no better time to try and learn this best i can
I currently use trading212 - looking at other brokers but hesitant to use atm because of my small capital
and using stock chats.com free trail 
My aim is like everyones at the start - make enough to go full time and retire young! 
Nice to meet you all, you all seem friendly and help each other out 

Jordan

Hello, I am new to this forum and I've found this site interesting and useful. I’m looking forward to joining the forums, helping people out with my thoughts and learning from others.

Hello

Hello All, 

New member here, I've been trading UK stocks on & off for around six years, mostly on fundamentals & news. I've always been fairly dismissive of TA but about a year ago I started reading up on charting and soon discovered Stan Weinstein's book which I've been reading ever since. I'm glad to have found this site, particularly as it has a busy UK forum and will be posting there with a few questions shortly.

Regards,
Ian

Afternoon,

Thought I'd say hello as this is one of the most useful sites I have come across. I'm from the UK and I'm currently halfway through Stan's book as investing is definitely something I want to take more seriously, especially as I am now at a point in my life where I can put money aside each month.

I studied economics/finance at university and recently qualified as a chartered accountant, so all of this is something I am very much interested in and want to pursue. Hopefully with the help of the information available on here it all goes well!

Nice to meet you all!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to trading the last few months, and came across a recommendation of the Weinstein book online not long ago. I've begun reading it, but wanted to find out something in particular:

An amazon reviewer of the book said that the book was great, but that the book references a wrong indicator that doesn't align with the charts within it. Here is an exact quote from that review:

"His use of indicators is kept to a bare minimum, but for some reason (and this is important), the equation he gives for the main one is wrong and does not match the plots that he presents in the book. If you are coding a filter using the methods this book, a quick internet search will yield the true equation, which I find quite powerful, and it’s not an indicator they you find pre-coded in today’s software and websites! It’s almost like someone doesn’t want it used, but again, I do love conspiracy theories. Good luck!"

Is there any truth to this? I found this forum after searching and looking for some reference to that incorrect indicator, so at least something good has come from it as this place seems to be an excellent resource.

I signed up for the Stage Analysis course offered on the front page, but since I'm just a couple chapters into the book I am going to keep reading before I start that.

Also, Isatrader, did you create that Stage Analysis course?

Thanks in advance for all the help and resources I've already found.

(2021-03-02, 03:29 PM)GuitarInnovations Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm new to trading the last few months, and came across a recommendation of the Weinstein book online not long ago. I've begun reading it, but wanted to find out something in particular:

An amazon reviewer of the book said that the book was great, but that the book references a wrong indicator that doesn't align with the charts within it. Here is an exact quote from that review:

"His use of indicators is kept to a bare minimum, but for some reason (and this is important), the equation he gives for the main one is wrong and does not match the plots that he presents in the book. If you are coding a filter using the methods this book, a quick internet search will yield the true equation, which I find quite powerful, and it’s not an indicator they you find pre-coded in today’s software and websites! It’s almost like someone doesn’t want it used, but again, I do love conspiracy theories. Good luck!"

Is there any truth to this? I found this forum after searching and looking for some reference to that incorrect indicator, so at least something good has come from it as this place seems to be an excellent resource.

I signed up for the Stage Analysis course offered on the front page, but since I'm just a couple chapters into the book I am going to keep reading before I start that.

Also, Isatrader, did you create that Stage Analysis course?

Thanks in advance for all the help and resources I've already found.

Hi GuitarInnovations, welcome to site.

I'm not sure what the book reviewer was talking about. Maybe he meant the Mansfield RS? Which can be easily coded exactly as it was in the book, but the company that made the books charts doesn't exist anymore, as was published in 1988.

Yes, I created the course on Udemy, but if you have the book then I'd recommend getting through that first as the course will then help you understand the key concepts from the book more clearly.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi everyone - welcome to the site! There's lots of useful information here and friendly people who can answer questions! Smile

Take care,

Sartois