Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 26

RE: Introduce yourself here!

Hello, All!

My name is Tom, pleased to meet you! (how's that for an introduction!?)

I currently have an IRA with about $25,000 in it, right now almost completely invested in stocks that I picked purely through Funamental Analysis.  I'm happy with the companies, but I'm also pretty sure that eventually the market is going to realize the economic difficulties that we are facing, and we'll be in for some challenging market time.  I'm not sure that I want to go for that ride.

I discovered Weinstein on the Trade To Win board about a year ago, read his book, but didn't really do anything with the information.  Now I'm considering taking a more active role than the fundamental buy and hold approach in my portfolio.  I'm thinking that my first step will be to set Investor stops on my active positions, or to exit them if appropriate.  Then I'll begin looking for some trade opportunities, starting small, and moving on from there.

I wanted to ask a favor.  I'll be setting up a trading journal thread in the that forum, and will be posting charts that I mark up with my thoughts, and the stops that I set.  I'd love it if some of you would occasionally take a gander at the thread and "check my work," make any helpful comments, or chew me out as necessary.  Iron sharpens iron, and I'd love to become sharper, and maybe even deliver some sharpness back in the process.

Because I'm relatively cash-poor right now (only about $1100 free cash, the rest of the portfolio is fully invested in about 36 different stock positions), for at least a while the bulk of my activity will be managing the active positions that I currently hold.  While I do that, I'll be looking to define my cash management strategy, investing universe, and other minor details!  Any thoughts that you would like to share on those topics, I'd love to hear!  My thoughts right now is to stick to the universe of stocks that I have picked out as fundamentally strong, but may at some time transition to a purely technical model.

Anyway, I'd love it if some of you would say "howdy," and maybe dialog with me a bit.  Hopefully we can all enjoy some positive support and conversation, and of course make some money along the way  Big Grin

Thanks!

Tom

(2020-08-13, 06:26 AM)daddybyday Wrote: Hello, All!

I currently have an IRA with about $25,000 in it, right now almost completely invested in stocks that I picked purely through Funamental Analysis.  I'm happy with the companies, but I'm also pretty sure that eventually the market is going to realize the economic difficulties that we are facing, and we'll be in for some challenging market time.  I'm not sure that I want to go for that ride.

I discovered Weinstein on the Trade To Win board about a year ago, read his book, but didn't really do anything with the information.  Now I'm considering taking a more active role than the fundamental buy and hold approach in my portfolio.  I'm thinking that my first step will be to set Investor stops on my active positions, or to exit them if appropriate.  Then I'll begin looking for some trade opportunities, starting small, and moving on from there.

I wanted to ask a favor.  I'll be setting up a trading journal thread in the that forum, and will be posting charts that I mark up with my thoughts, and the stops that I set.  I'd love it if some of you would occasionally take a gander at the thread and "check my work," make any helpful comments, or chew me out as necessary.  Iron sharpens iron, and I'd love to become sharper, and maybe even deliver some sharpness back in the process.

Because I'm relatively cash-poor right now (only about $1100 free cash, the rest of the portfolio is fully invested in about 36 different stock positions), for at least a while the bulk of my activity will be managing the active positions that I currently hold.  While I do that, I'll be looking to define my cash management strategy, investing universe, and other minor details!  Any thoughts that you would like to share on those topics, I'd love to hear!  My thoughts right now is to stick to the universe of stocks that I have picked out as fundamentally strong, but may at some time transition to a purely technical model.

Anyway, I'd love it if some of you would say "howdy," and maybe dialog with me a bit.  Hopefully we can all enjoy some positive support and conversation, and of course make some money along the way  Big Grin

Thanks!

Tom

welcome Tom, happy to support where/if i can

Welcome Tom, I'm are pleased to have you on the board.

Let me know if you need any help, and I'll need to increase your user privileges in order for you to post a journal thread. So let me know by private message when you want to do that.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-08-13, 10:17 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Let me know if you need any help, and I'll need to increase your user privileges in order for you to post a journal thread. So let me know by private message when you want to do that.

Cheers
Hello, Isa,

Will do, and thank you!

Tom

(2020-08-13, 10:17 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Cheers

Hello, Isa,

I tried to send you a private message, and got a "you don't have permission to access this page" message.  I didn't realize that there was a deeper level of permission.  Is it OK if I get a journal thread going?

As always, thanks!  You've paid my rambling a lot of attention over the last couple of days, and I appreciate it!

Tom

(2020-08-14, 12:03 AM)daddybyday Wrote: Hello, Isa,

I tried to send you a private message, and got a "you don't have permission to access this page" message.  I didn't realize that there was a deeper level of permission.  Is it OK if I get a journal thread going?

As always, thanks!  You've paid my rambling a lot of attention over the last couple of days, and I appreciate it!

Tom

I've increased your privileges. So you should be good to post in the journals thread now.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi, I just took the stage analysis course ( I have to review many sections as there is much too it). I highly recommend the course to others.
Ian

(2020-08-14, 01:25 PM)ianbate222 Wrote: Hi, I just took the stage analysis course ( I have to review many sections as there is much too it). I highly recommend the course to others.
Ian

I just finished it as well, Ian, so we can be NOOBS together  Cool

Tom