Stage Analysis Video Training Course

European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 8

(This post was last modified: 2020-01-27, 06:30 PM by Haugaard.)

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Currently looking at Skako, a Danish concrete company, which stock is breaking out above trading range and 30wk ma with extreme volume. I've looked at other cement and concrete stocks, and 66,7% of them are in a stage 2 uptrend, while the remaining 33,4% are in stage 1. 

Overall market trend is strong.
Sector is good.
Chart looks promising. 

I'd like to get some opinions on this one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Marcus Haugaard
"The Tape Tells All" - Stan Weinstein

(2020-01-27, 05:43 PM)Haugaard Wrote: Currently looking at Skako, a Danish concrete company, which stock is breaking out above trading range and 30wk ma with extreme volume. I've looked at other cement and concrete stocks, and 66,7% of them are in a stage 2 uptrend, while the remaining 33,4% are in stage 1. 

Sector is good.
Chart looks promising. 

you will of course wait for it to break its previous high at 60? 
currently at 48 some 20% down from its high.
this for me is my biggest fear. a drop of 20% is considered a crash in the stock market..this is still retracing, you would need to be prepared for similar ups and downs. very volatile stock
the other problem for me is its longer term trend, thats still down. weekly might be up (after breaking 60) but monthly its still pretty grim with a falling 30ma

(2020-02-02, 04:35 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 05:43 PM)Haugaard Wrote: Currently looking at Skako, a Danish concrete company, which stock is breaking out above trading range and 30wk ma with extreme volume. I've looked at other cement and concrete stocks, and 66,7% of them are in a stage 2 uptrend, while the remaining 33,4% are in stage 1. 

Sector is good.
Chart looks promising. 

this for me is my biggest fear. a drop of 20% is considered a crash in the stock market..this is still retracing, you would need to be prepared for similar ups and downs. very volatile stock
the other problem for me is its longer term trend, thats still down. weekly might be up (after breaking 60) but monthly its still pretty grim with a falling 30ma

If i were to buy it, which i'm not, because the breakout failed, i would actually have bought it around 52, due to the fact that it's safer to buy on the pullback rather than the breakout.

- Marcus Haugaard

(2020-02-03, 06:10 PM)Haugaard Wrote:

Sector is good.
Chart looks promising. 

If i were to buy it, which i'm not, because the breakout failed, i would actually have bought it around 52, due to the fact that it's safer to buy on the pullback rather than the breakout.
the breakout hasn't failed at all, its retracing. the original stage 2 advance broke out at 48.6 and has now come back as a classic pullback per stan's methods. so if you buy on the pullback, it would be now. 
this is just my view, however that i prefer to buy when things are going up, rather than coming down so i would be waiting for a further push past 60

(2020-02-03, 11:02 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2020-02-03, 06:10 PM)Haugaard Wrote:

Sector is good.
Chart looks promising. 

the breakout hasn't failed at all, its retracing. the original stage 2 advance broke out at 48.6 and has now come back as a classic pullback per stan's methods. so if you buy on the pullback, it would be now. 
this is just my view, however that i prefer to buy when things are going up, rather than coming down so i would be waiting for a further push past 60

I'm skipping it, something about it doesn't seem right to me.

- Marcus Haugaard

Currently looking at Bavarian Nordic.

Good long stage 1. Breaking out into stage 2 with high volume, fueled by Corona fear. RSI and MACD shows momentum, but it looks like it could use a rest before climbing higher.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Marcus Haugaard

(2020-02-04, 04:10 PM)Haugaard Wrote: Currently looking at Bavarian Nordic.

Good long stage 1. Breaking out into stage 2 with high volume, fueled by Corona fear. RSI and MACD shows momentum, but it looks like it could use a rest before climbing higher.

Any thoughts?

When you are looking at a Stage 2A breakout then I'd recommend always using the weekly chart with Stage Analysis, and then dropping down to daily to fine tune the entry point.

I see that you are using tradingview for your charts. They have the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator that we use with Stage Analysis available. It is called MRS Trend. So I'd recommend using that instead of standard indicators like MACD and RSI, as they only show the stocks performance relative to itself, whereas the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator lets you see how it's doing compared to the market or sector, both of which we are trying to outperform. So I'd recommend using that instead with weekly charts so that you see the Stages the Weinstein way.

As for BAVA, it had a strong Stage 2A breakout last week on strong relative volume and is extended from the ideal entry point and 30 week MA now. So you'd wait for B entry point on the first significant pullback now if you are using the method.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-02-04, 04:30 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 04:10 PM)Haugaard Wrote: Currently looking at Bavarian Nordic.

Any thoughts?

When you are looking at a Stage 2A breakout then I'd recommend always using the weekly chart with Stage Analysis, and then dropping down to daily to fine tune the entry point.

I see that you are using tradingview for your charts. They have the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator that we use with Stage Analysis available. It is called MRS Trend. So I'd recommend using that instead of standard indicators like MACD and RSI, as they only show the stocks performance relative to itself, whereas the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator lets you see how it's doing compared to the market or sector, both of which we are trying to outperform. So I'd recommend using that instead with weekly charts so that you see the Stages the Weinstein way.

As for BAVA, it had a strong Stage 2A breakout last week on strong relative volume and is extended from the ideal entry point and 30 week MA now. So you'd wait for B entry point on the first significant pullback now if you are using the method.

Right you are as always. I always look a the weekly chart first, before concentrating on the daily. 

What you are seeing, is the daily chart set up with RSI and MACD to pin an exact entrypoint. I've found that RSI and MACD are great for spotting pullbacks and small reverses, to help me nail down entry at B.

- Marcus Haugaard