Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Economic Charts - Page 2

RE: Economic Charts

Attached is the updated monthly UK Halifax House Price Index charts (seasonally adjusted charts) which continues it's Stage 2 advance to new highs again in January of £175,546. I've included the 30 year chart as well this month.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

UK Halifax House Price Index

Attached is the updated monthly UK Halifax House Price Index charts (seasonally and non seasonally adjusted charts) which continues it's Stage 2 advance, but had a slight pullback in March.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

UK Halifax House Price Index

Attached is the updated monthly UK Halifax House Price Index charts (seasonally and non seasonally adjusted charts).

The Stage 2 advance in UK house prices has accelerated over the last three months which should have a knock on effect on the UK economy over time.

isatrader

(2014-08-06, 03:00 PM)isatrader Wrote: Attached is the updated monthly UK Halifax House Price Index charts (seasonally and non seasonally adjusted charts).

The Stage 2 advance in UK house prices has accelerated over the last three months which should have a knock on effect on the UK economy over time.

I wonder what the significance of these is? House prices are outstripping wages which cannot go on forever. I can imagine an individual share going up 300% as there are other shares you might not buy instead, but it does not work that way surely with houses. Also it is not exactly a discretionary purchase - if you don't own you end up renting. So the question is, do you pay your own or someone else's mortgage. I suppose price might be an indication of how much money buyers can borrow / have in a deposit.

Pete

I think of it in quite a simplistic way, in that when the value of the houses that people own are going up in value, they feel more confident to make other purchases and to borrow money. And hence the 18 housing cycle of boom and bust go on...

See: http://www.cato.org/publications/comment...tate-cycle

isatrader

UK Halifax House Price Index charts

Attached is the updated monthly UK Halifax House Price Index charts (seasonally and non seasonally adjusted charts).

The Stage 2 advance in UK house prices continues with average prices now approaching the 2007 levels again. Although these are not inflation adjusted prices.

isatrader

UK Inflation Rates chart

Attached is the 10 year UK Inflation Line chart, which is currently at 10 year lows.

isatrader