Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Code for Stock Scanners - Page 2

New 50 Day High and good technicals

Another custom code for Stockcharts.com which looks for a new 50 day high with good technicals. This one is useful for finding the new issues that are making their primary base breakouts following a recent IPO listing, as they only have a few months of chart data. And also early breakouts following a pullback in Stage 2.

Code:
[type is stock] AND [country = US] and [Daily Close > Yesterday's Daily Close] AND [Daily SMA(10,Daily Close) > Yesterday's Daily SMA(10,Daily Close)] and [volume > sma(50, volume) * 1] and [market cap > 50] and [exchange != OTCBB] and [exchange != OTCMKT]

and [today's close > yesterday's daily max(50,high)]

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Code for Stock Scanners

Hi ISAtrader,

Firstly, thank you for the hardwork and generousity to share your knowlegde on stage analysis and other things.
I found your forum today through my curousity in learning the analysis.

As a neophyte, could you please let me know the website your screen your stocks from. I wont mind private message as am totally bew to this website and gradually reading through posts.

(2016-08-28, 11:24 PM)Hiswealthy Wrote: Hi ISAtrader,

Firstly, thank you for the hardwork and generousity to share your knowlegde on stage analysis and other things.

As a neophyte, could you please let me know the website your screen your stocks from. I wont mind private message as am totally bew to this website and gradually reading through posts.

Welcome to the site Hiswealthy,

I use stockcharts.com for all my screening and have done for many years, which I pay for the extra subscription that lets you do decent custom screens, and set up custom chart styles etc. So I'd recommend it if you are interested in the US market.

It does UK stocks also, but doesn't cover the AIM stocks, so for those and other world markets I use prorealtime.com which has a free screener that you can setup custom screens on.

I hope that helps

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-29, 10:06 PM by Hiswealthy.)

(2016-08-28, 11:40 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 11:24 PM)Hiswealthy Wrote: Hi ISAtrader,

Welcome to the site Hiswealthy,

I use stockcharts.com for all my screening and have done for many years, which I pay for the extra subscription that lets you do decent custom screens, and set up custom chart styles etc. So I'd recommend it if you are interested in the US market.

It does UK stocks also, but doesn't cover the AIM stocks, so for those and other world markets I use prorealtime.com which has a free screener that you can setup custom screens on.

I hope that helps

Thank you. It does help. I am heavily into UK stocks and splash it with US stocks now and then.

Are you on twitter by any chance?

(2014-04-21, 11:41 PM)isatrader Wrote: This thread was requested by one of our members for a place to talk about and share code for the different stock screeners you use to find suitable Weinstein method candidates.

LINKS:

Prorealtime's Proscreener:

Daily scans:

2x Volume scan: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=51&pid=4074#pid4074

Weekly Scans

Ichimoku scan: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=51&pid=4075#pid4075

Touch of 10 Week MA Scan: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=51&pid=4076#pid4076

Strong Technical Attributes Scan: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=51&pid=4077#pid4077

I hope these help you and please post any of your own scans that you use and remember to include the name of the scanning software.

Cheers
 Hi Isatrader,

And thanks for all this good strategies and vibes! This is fantastic work really; I have been scanning the web for long now;-)

I have 3 small questions: 

> I cannot find all these indicators that are included in your last scanner
- indicator2 = CALL "10MA Rising"
- indicator3 = CALL "30MA Rising"
- indicator4 = CALL "30Week_WMA_Rising"

> How do you organise the screening process between all of them?

> Did you develop new scanners that you would share with use?

Very best,

Chris

(2014-04-21, 11:41 PM)isatrader Wrote: This thread was requested by one of our members for a place to talk about and share code for the different stock screeners you use to find suitable Weinstein method candidates.

I hope these help you and please post any of your own scans that you use and remember to include the name of the scanning software.

Cheers
Given that I've rolled my own database and screener I believe it would be in the spirit of this to post pseudo code?  Does that make sense?

(This post was last modified: 2018-08-08, 06:35 PM by ct197475.)

(2018-07-27, 09:01 PM)pcabc Wrote:

Cheers
Given that I've rolled my own database and screener I believe it would be in the spirit of this to post pseudo code?  Does that make sense?

@pcabc please do !!! I am captive of any method and its screeners !

anyone here using Metastock?  I would be interesting to hear of any MS Explorers (stage analysis based of course) in use?