Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Code for Stock Scanners - Page 7

RE: Stockcharts - Elder Impulse Scan

Quote:Hi,The variable Daily Elder Bar Green does not appear to be on stockcharts.com. Do you have any suggestions?Thanks

It's on there. I use it every day. You must be typing it in wrong. Add the following to your other code.

Code:
and [Daily Elder Bar Green = 1]

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stockcharts - Elder Impulse Scan

(2022-07-20, 11:39 PM)isatrader Wrote:
Quote:Hi,The variable Daily Elder Bar Green does not appear to be on stockcharts.com. Do you have any suggestions?Thanks

It's on there. I use it every day. You must be typing it in wrong. Add the following to your other code.

Code:
and [Daily Elder Bar Green = 1]

Thank you. For some reason I had to use "Daily Elder Bar Green is TRUE"

RE: Code for Stock Scanners

Hi David,
Could you give any advice which screeners to use for stage 1 base formation and stage 2 breakouts?

What screeners do you use to scan for potential stocks? Can you give any more details on that?
I can imagine you don't want to fully disclose your code, but any good tips to set up my own screeners would be much appreciated!

(2022-09-18, 12:07 AM)ferran Wrote: Hi David,
Could you give any advice which screeners to use for stage 1 base formation and stage 2 breakouts?

What screeners do you use to scan for potential stocks? Can you give any more details on that?
I can imagine you don't want to fully disclose your code, but any good tips to set up my own screeners would be much appreciated!

All the screens that I use daily are in this thread on pages 3, 4 and 5 for stockcharts advanced screener, with some modifications for additional variances. I run them all, as they all look for different characteristics and then merge the results to go through manually. But a key part of the scanning that most people don't do is that they are only scanning the current day. However, most of the best results come from scanning for the previous day and other days before. i.e. if you are scanning for a Close Above The 21 Day EMA, then by changing the day you can see those stocks that crossed in prior days, and then look manually for the ones that have pulled back into the MA constructively and held it.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Stockcharts - Mike Webster's Power Trend 21 Day EMA Rebound

This scan looks for a rebound off of the 21 day EMA of a stock that's in a Power Trend.

A power trend starts when these four things take place simultaneously on a major index:

1. The low is above the 21-day exponential moving average (EMA) for at least 10 days.
  2. The 21-day EMA is above the 50-day simple moving average for at least five days.
  3. The 50-day line is in an uptrend (one day is sufficient).
  4. The market closes up for the day.
A power trend typically ends when the 21-day crosses back below the 50-day.

Code:
[type is stock]
and [country is US]
and [daily sma(50,daily close) > 1 days ago daily sma(50,daily close) ]
and [ Daily Close > Daily Open ]
and [Daily Low > Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [1 days ago Daily Low < 1 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [2 days ago Daily Low > 2 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [3 days ago Daily Low > 3 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [4 days ago Daily Low > 4 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [5 days ago Daily Low > 5 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [6 days ago Daily Low > 6 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [7 days ago Daily Low > 7 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [8 days ago Daily Low > 8 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [9 days ago Daily Low > 9 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close)]
and [Daily EMA(21,Daily Close) > Daily SMA(50,Daily Close)]
and [1 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close) > 1 days ago Daily SMA(50,Daily Close) ]
and [2 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close) > 2 days ago Daily SMA(50,Daily Close) ]
and [3 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close) > 3 days ago Daily SMA(50,Daily Close) ]
and [4 days ago Daily EMA(21,Daily Close) > 4 days ago Daily SMA(50,Daily Close) ]

// Quality Filters – Added to cut down unnecessary results
and [exchange != PINK]
and [group is not ETF]
and [Close > 5]
and [Daily SMA(200,Daily Volume) > 400000]

The scan could be edited to remove or edit the quality filters. i.e to see ETFs. Just comment out the line:

Code:
and [group is not ETF]

Or if you have volume requirements then edit the volume line number:

Code:
and [Daily SMA(200,Daily Volume) > 400000]

isatrader

How is China's stock market screened? What code to use?

(2023-05-01, 02:58 PM)stanhao138 Wrote: How is China's stock market screened? What code to use?

I don't use this screener, but surely the line below is a hint?  Assuming Chinese exchange data is available?

Code:
and [country is US]

(2023-05-04, 02:24 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2023-05-01, 02:58 PM)stanhao138 Wrote: How is China's stock market screened? What code to use?

I don't use this screener, but surely the line below is a hint?  Assuming Chinese exchange data is available?

Code:
and [country is US]

No, Chinese stocks are not included in stockcharts, but you could easily adapt any of the scans shown on here on a screener that does cover Chinese stocks.

isatrader