Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Code for Stock Scanners - Page 6

Percentage Change since the Swing Low - Stockcharts

(2022-01-31, 06:54 PM)jv_investments Wrote: Hi, how do we write the scan you did in stock charts for %change since Jan24 swing low?

To look for the strongest stocks since a swing low use the following code. But be sure to edit the PctChange amount and Rank amount of days. For example if the swing low was 5 trading ago both show be 5, but if the swing low was 14 day ago, then edit both to say 14.

Code:
[type = stock]
and [country = US]
// Edit the below PctChange amount
and [PctChange(5,close) > 10]
and [Close > 5]
// Exclude OTC stocks and ETFs
and [exchange is not PINK]
and [group is not ETF]
and [group is not ETFNOUI]
// Rank the stocks by strongest. Edit the day to match the PctChange amount
rank by [Daily PctChange(5,close)]

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Custom Scans

got it thanks

im also having a problem getting the Close above 30 Week MA -104 Industry Group Scan to work, i typed it exactly as you had but i get nothing. can you please post it here, thanks again

(2022-01-31, 09:14 PM)jv_investments Wrote: im also having a problem getting the Close above 30 Week MA -104 Industry Group Scan to work, i typed it exactly as you had but i get nothing. can you please post it here, thanks again

The 1st line of the scan won't work for you, as that's a custom chartlist I've created. You first have to create a chartist with the 104 groups and then reference that instead

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Looking for Weekly Stage 2 Breakout with 2x Weekly Volume

This scan is a good starting point for looking for a Weekly Stage 2 Breakout with 2x Weekly Volume. Once you get the results list, which will be around 30 to 100 results. Create a chartlist and apply a weekly chart style to all. Then go through the results manually in 10 per page view or individually to find any decent Stage 2 breakouts. There's normally only 1 or 2 a week on average.

Code:
[type is stock]
and [country = US]
and [weekly volume > 1 week ago sma(10, volume) * 2]
and [weekly close > 1 week ago close]
and [weekly close > [[weekly high + weekly low] / 2]] //Close in Upper Half of Weekly Range
and [Daily SMA(10,Daily Close) > Yesterdays Daily SMA(10,Daily Close)]
and [Daily SMA(200,Daily Volume) > 400000]
and [Close > 5]
and [SMA(50) > yesterdays SMA(50)]
and [Close > SMA(50)]
and [exchange != PINK]

Edit down the figure proportionally if run earlier in the week. For example change * 2 in the below line to * 1 if run on a Wednesday or 0.5 if run on Monday.

Code:
and [weekly volume > 1 week ago sma(10, volume) * 2]

isatrader

RE: Code for Stock Scanners

Hi guys, does anyone have a code for a scan on "stockcharts" that scans for potential darvas boxes or stocks that are in bases??. Cheers!

RE: Code for Stock Scanners

(2022-04-18, 07:42 AM)CryptoNedley Wrote: Hi guys, does anyone have a code for a scan on "stockcharts" that scans for potential darvas boxes or stocks that are in bases??. Cheers!

There's a forum on stockcharts for the scanner. So I found a potential Darvas boxes answer there with a quick search: https://scan.stockcharts.com/discussion/...box-theory

In terms of looking for stocks in bases. Lots of the scans that I've posted in this thread do that, as it's the main focus for me as I want to find and start tracking stocks before they breakout.

isatrader

RE: Stockcharts - Elder Impulse Scan

(2020-05-07, 10:27 AM)Hi,The variable Daily Elder Bar Green does not appear to be on stockcharts.com. Do you have any suggestions?Thanks Wrote: isatraderThe following will scan find stocks that are turning from Elder Impulse Red or Elder Impulse Blue to Elder Impulse Green, and also crossing over the +1 ATR level in the Keltner Channel at the same time. Plus a bunch of other filters which you should be able to see in the code below like a rising 150 day moving average etc.

The purpose of this scan is to find stocks at an earlier point than the breakout, for either short term trading opportunities or to find stocks for your watchlist for future breakouts.

Code:
[type = stock]
and [country = US]
and [Daily SMA(200,Daily Volume) > 400000]
and [Daily Elder Bar Green = 1]
and [Yesterdays Daily Elder Bar Green = 0]
and [Yesterdays close <= Yesterdays Upper Kelt Chan(22,1,10)]
and [Todays close > Todays Upper Kelt Chan(22,1,10)]
and [SMA(150) > yesterdays SMA(150)]
and [SMA(200) > yesterdays SMA(200)]
and [SMA(150) > SMA(200)]
and [group is not ETF]

To tweak the scan to only target particular groups you need to add another line with the stockcharts group name which you can find by clicking the SECTORS & INDUSTRIES dropdown and then clicking the Add button. For example if you only wanted to run the scan on the Gold Miners sector then you would add the following:

Code:
and [group is GoldMining]

if you add a specific group it will return 0 results on most days, but when the stocks in the sector are in the right position it will return results.