Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 260

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

AU is breaking out right now!

With the continuing deterioration in the US markets here’s some that look interesting for the short watchlist from today’s P&F double bottom breakdowns scan

AAP, AMGN, AHS, CNC, HBI, NUVA, SWKS

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Novagold Resources $NG.CA $NG

Novagold Resources is dual listed in Canada (NG.TO) and the US (NG), and is one of the best looking gold stocks with regards to Stage Analysis currently imo.

NG (US listing)

The US listing is currently at the top of a massive two year Stage 1 base, and showing strong relative performance. The 11 year monthly chart and P&F chart show the potential more clearly.

So for the US listing I'd give it a Stage 1B rating

NG.TO (Canadian listing)

The Canadian listing broke out into Stage 2A in December, as highlighted on here last month, but is now looking to make it first minor continuation attempt. And the monthly chart is also in Stage 2A, and so this is considerably stronger than most gold stocks, as the majority only have monthly charts attempting to move back into Stage 1A. Hence with the monthly already in Stage 2A, NG.TO has little overhead resistnace to hamper it. So looks promising as an investor position.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Gold miners, UK listed are in the UK section. I probably could have posted more but there are limits! I think something is going on! Is this normal?

Gold $GLD

(2016-02-09, 12:31 AM)pcabc Wrote: ...I probably could have posted more but there are limits! I think something is going on! Is this normal?

Is just the hot sector at the moment, so money has been flooding into it over the last week while the market has been tanking. It could be a little too hot though short term, as we saw a number of squat candlestick patterns today in the sector with prices gapping and running higher earlier in the day and then closing back near the opening prices. So an increasing chance of a pause or pullback. But volume is strong so might have more legs still.

Attached is the GLD etf chart, as it illustrates the volume coming into gold over the last week, as was around two times the weekly average last week, and already is around the normal weekly average just from Monday's trade. So volume has increased significantly and US dollar priced gold is attempting to bypass Stage 1, and go straight for a Stage 2A breakout attempt, which it got above today, but then pulled back below to close the day.

isatrader

A few for the short watchlist from today's P&F double bottom breakdowns scan - AVGO, ENSG, GD, CRY, MHFI, CW

isatrader

Hi,

I've been working at getting an industry/sector analysis compiled. Here are the results showing some of the leading industries looking back 4 weeks (20 days). So its shows industry % changes compared to the S & P 500 index ($SPX) over the last 20 trading days.

Column descriptions:
# Stocks - Number of stocks in the industry.
% Chg Composite - The change in the industry itself, as a whole.
% Chg $SPX - Change in the S & P 500 index.
Change % - Total % change of the industry compared to the $SPX.
Rank (Change %) - Ranking of the Change % column.

I looked back around 72 days (early December) and it appears that is when gold hit the top spot

The next stage is to perform a scan of the top industries for the stocks that most fit the Weinstein paradigm re: stage, volume, moving averages, relative strength (Mansfield) etc.

Regards, W.

nb. not sure how to post a new thread on this board, is it allowed?

[Image: IndustryAnalysis15022016.png]

(2016-02-16, 12:21 AM)wpeters Wrote: nb. not sure how to post a new thread on this board, is it allowed?

Only in the members thread section, as the rest of the board is not a open forum, as it's my personal website, and I just found the forum software easier to allow others to comment and join in discussion. So I limit where new threads can be posted to the members section only. So you can create your own personal thread in the members section if you want to as long as it's focused on Weinsteins method.

isatrader