Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 259

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-02-03, 11:50 PM)pcabc Wrote: Any views on the heights of these graphs? Should I make them shorter? I've made them taller so they are less cluttered but they are taller than my monitor so I if anyone looks at them are they a useful height?

I'd personally go for a cleaner look, as I always find them hard to read as there's too much going on in the background with all the colours and lines. And the fact that they are daily charts makes them more noisy anyway, so the less clutter in the background the better. Also think you don't need more than one medium term MA on the indicators below on these as the multiple lines clutter the data.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-02-04, 12:07 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 11:50 PM)pcabc Wrote: Any views on the heights of these graphs? Should I make them shorter? I've made them taller so they are less cluttered but they are taller than my monitor so I if anyone looks at them are they a useful height?

I'd personally go for a cleaner look, as I always find them hard to read as there's too much going on in the background with all the colours and lines. And the fact that they are daily charts makes them more noisy anyway, so the less clutter in the background the better. Also think you don't need more than one medium term MA on the indicators below on these as the multiple lines clutter the data.

Thanks. I think that the easiest change is ditching the pink weekly time divisions. Simply not needed on something of this scale. Useful on 6 month and below plots. For the breadth plots I think I will move all of the titles into one block as a colour coded key. Due to the auto-ranging for the plots it is not clear which title goes with which. I've made them overlap as they can use the vertical space more efficiently as they tend to move in similar directions.

Weekly plots will take a bit of careful though and time. A plan is forming in my head. Trying to rush the code won't help. When I form the plan and have the time I'm sure I can do something reasonably simple/elegant.

I note you are a 'less is more' person on your charts whereas I prefer to put a lot of info on one place for this. The trick I need to find is to plot a lot of info but make it look simple. If I can do that I have done well.

Without the Friday divisions, clearer already:

(This post was last modified: 2016-02-04, 09:26 AM by pcabc.)

RIC, a gold miner. Pondering whether to put in a position or wait for a pullback.

(2016-02-04, 09:18 AM)pcabc Wrote: RIC, a gold miner. Pondering whether to put in a position or wait for a pullback.

Aaargh. My data is a day behind, it is now up to 5.5, another 8%. Have to wait for a pullback.

(2016-02-04, 09:18 AM)pcabc Wrote: RIC, a gold miner. Pondering whether to put in a position or wait for a pullback.

Aaargh. My data is a day behind, it is now up to 5.5, another 8%. Have to wait for a pullback.

One of my favourites of the gold miners, as it's had one of best relative performances versus Gold throughout Gold's Stage 4 decline. Have highlighted it multiple times on here, the last time was on the continuation breakout back in early Jan here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...02#pid9502

It's dual listed in Canada and US. Main listing is Canada I think.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-02-04, 09:49 AM)isatrader Wrote:

One of my favourites of the gold miners, as it's had one of best relative performances versus Gold throughout Gold's Stage 4 decline. Have highlighted it multiple times on here, the last time was on the continuation breakout back in early Jan here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...02#pid9502

It's dual listed in Canada and US. Main listing is Canada I think.

Hmm. SPGP.L (gold producers) has gapped up, am about to write a post in the UK section.

(2016-02-04, 08:35 PM)pcabc Wrote: Hmm. SPGP.L (gold producers) has gapped up, am about to write a post in the UK section.

Here's the page on the ishares site that shows what you'd actually be investing in. https://www.ishares.com/lu/individual/en...51908/SPGP i.e. what the etf's holdings are by percentage and where they are based. For example the current make up is:

Canada: 55.62%
United States: 14.18%
Australia: 10.18%
United Kingdom: 8.55%
South Africa: 8.26%
China:1.75%
Other: 1.47%

And the top ten holdings are:
ABX - BARRICK GOLD CORP - 12.70%
NEM - NEWMONT MINING CORP - 12.05%
G -GOLDCORP INC - 10.49%
FNV - FRANCO NEVADA CORP - 7.55%
NCM - NEWCREST MINING LTD - 7.24%
RRS - RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD - 7.01%
AEM - AGNICO-EAGLE MINES LIMITED - 6.95%
AU - ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. ADS - 3.90%
GFI - GOLD FIELDS LTD. ADS - 2.71%
DGC - DETOUR GOLD CORP - 2.32%

isatrader

Thanks, much appreciated. I was about to make a post about AEM but I'll just widen it up a little.

(2016-02-04, 10:13 PM)isatrader Wrote: And the top ten holdings are:
ABX - BARRICK GOLD CORP - 12.70%
NEM - NEWMONT MINING CORP - 12.05%
G -GOLDCORP INC - 10.49%
FNV - FRANCO NEVADA CORP - 7.55%
NCM - NEWCREST MINING LTD - 7.24%
RRS - RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD - 7.01%
AEM - AGNICO-EAGLE MINES LIMITED - 6.95%
AU - ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. ADS - 3.90%
GFI - GOLD FIELDS LTD. ADS - 2.71%
DGC - DETOUR GOLD CORP - 2.32%

Plotting these we see that nearly all of them have just breaking out or are good watchlist candidates. AEM is breaking a trendline.

Others:

After a strong week for precious metal stocks there are multiple stocks at or around breakout levels in the US and Canadian precious metal stocks.

LSG.TO is a single digit midget that it is currently attempting to make a weekly Stage 2 continuation breakout to four year highs, and is also attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout on the monthly chart.

isatrader