Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 246

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

Biotech index (BTK) dropping off a cliff and has violated 4 year uptrend line.
Two short bio candidates with massive run-ups: ALNY and ILMN
Other short candidates that have rallied back towards down-sloping 150 day ma's, which I like as a short reentry point, include: KSU, HPQ

(2015-10-07, 11:43 AM)shaunattwood Wrote: Biotech index (BTK) dropping off a cliff and has violated 4 year uptrend line.
Two short bio candidates with massive run-ups: ALNY and ILMN
Other short candidates that have rallied back towards down-sloping 150 day ma's, which I like as a short reentry point, include: KSU, HPQ

Given that I calculate the market breadth for the FTSE350 myself I ran the same script over the biotechs in my database. This is an arbitary set of companies, the result is below:

MACD now above zero line and vulnerable to turn: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
Bombs away on KSU and STX.
I think HPQ might be next, rolling over near 29, safely below H&S neckline. Starting to take a short position.

BTK (biotech) index on brink of a continuation short signal - led by collapse of VRX.

Anyone else short on here?

I am very short. I am long the short ETFs because I cannot short directly in my IRA account.

Majority in SPXU. Also SKF, SMN, SSG, REW. Thinking of lightening up on SMN because the US dollar looks like it could break down, and you would think weaker dollar means higher material prices. But also want to just follow the charts and stop rules.

Still long on some regional banks that haven't hit stops and have strong RS. HTBI, IBCP, SFNC, RNST

(2015-10-21, 06:49 PM)gbarbs Wrote: I am very short. I am long the short ETFs because I cannot short directly in my IRA account.

Majority in SPXU. Also SKF, SMN, SSG, REW. Thinking of lightening up on SMN because the US dollar looks like it could break down, and you would think weaker dollar means higher material prices. But also want to just follow the charts and stop rules.

Still long on some regional banks that haven't hit stops and have strong RS. HTBI, IBCP, SFNC, RNST

Thanks for the comparison. Like you I am short via short ETFs, but at whole index level. Specifically on FTSE100, S&P500 & DAX. Not made any money on these yet. Seeing whether they hit there stops or pan out.

Am long in a few remaining shares and also property, GPOR.L, IUKP.L and M&G property funds. The M&G funds, dealing in direct property, seem to have smaller returns than the best ETFs but the charts are very smooth, very low volatility, which seems an advantage right now.

A bit off topic for the US but really the best place to respond.

What are people's opinion here on shorting YHOO? I am still new to the stan weinstein concept, but I am willing to learn. Let me know if I my analysis is correct of YHOO.. my opinion is that it entered a stage4a breakdown and now it has rallied for about 3 week to retest the break out level and this week the breakout level is holding so far...I am really bearish on this stock and I am thinking about buying put option on this rallie

(This post was last modified: 2015-10-22, 10:46 AM by shaunattwood.)

YHOO looks like a good short, but if trading puts, I'd prefer to enter on a rally to 33-34 zone, which may not happen. MACD looks close to crossing over bearishly.

gbarbs, might pick up some SPXU today with a stop loss below 31, that sucker really moves