Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 241

(This post was last modified: 2015-06-29, 09:56 PM by pcabc.)

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2015-06-29, 09:35 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Pcabc,
I think the trick is to be nimble. I ended up £640 today, taking advantage of the volatility with quick trades.
I might give some back tomorrow though. I couldn't resist going short again. I closed out my PRGO at breakeven and re-shorted 500 STX near the close, so the Greek crisis will definitely be resolved overnight and the DOW will gap up 500 points. Smile

Hmm. I've not tried doing anything that quick. I'm doing stuff during the day so I can only place orders in the evening generally.

Given that apparently people rush to gold if the outlook is not good gold goes up I thought I'd post a few gold miners. Note that most of the miners stocks seem to be in stage 4 but possibly leveling out. Also not clear if gold has got out of stage 4 yet. However, a few looked of interest. Some are UK but as most are North American I though it best to put them together here:

mega volume coming into JUNO, BTK and COMP still above rising 150 day ma's + DOW possibly back above 150 day ma today if it holds onto gains

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Here is one I really like from Regional Banks. I posted in my journal that I think that sector looks like it will be strong. This chart looks good to me. Volume increasing with price, RS performing well. At this entry point I would set my trader sell stop at 28.99 for a 9.4% stop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2015-07-21, 10:22 PM)gbarbs Wrote: Here is one I really like from Regional Banks. I posted in my journal that I think that sector looks like it will be strong. This chart looks good to me. Volume increasing with price, RS performing well. At this entry point I would set my trader sell stop at 28.99 for a 9.4% stop.

actually i am having second thoughts about this one because of the RS slightly declining compared to prior peaks. ISA what do you think? i am not sure and staying away

gbarbs,
How did you create the mansfielddaily and weekly indicators on thinkorswim platform ?

(2015-07-23, 06:07 AM)CH868 Wrote: gbarbs,
How did you create the mansfielddaily and weekly indicators on thinkorswim platform ?

Not sure how familiar you are so let me know if you need more details...but you first click on the edit and studies button in the top right area.

In the bottom left of the pop up window, underneath all of the studies click on "new"

You can name the study in the very top that's where I put "Mansfield Daily". Then paste in the following code into thinkscript editor for the daily mansfield:

declare lower;

input CorrelationWithSecurity = "SPX";
def SPXclose = close(CorrelationWithSecurity);
def R200 = close/SPXclose;

def RS_today = close / SPXclose;
def BSAverage = (sum(r200, 200)/200);
Plot RS2 = ((R200/BSAverage)-1)*10;
plot zeroline = 0;

RS2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(6));plot Data = close;

for the weekly, use the following:

declare lower;

input CorrelationWithSecurity = "SPX";
def SPXclose = close(CorrelationWithSecurity);
def R52 = close/SPXclose;

def RS_today = close / SPXclose;
def BSAverage = (sum(r52, 52)/52);
Plot RS2 = ((R52/BSAverage)-1)*10;
plot zeroline = 0;

RS2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(6));plot Data = close;

Once you do this they will show up in your list of studies on the left hand side and you can add them to the chart. Once you do go into the settings of the study and click on the tab that says "data". You want to uncheck the box so it does not plot data. RS2 and zeroline should have the plot box checked.

Hope this helps see screen shots if this doesn't make sense

(2015-06-29, 09:50 PM)pcabc Wrote:
Given that apparently people rush to gold if the outlook is not good gold goes up I thought I'd post a few gold miners. Note that most of the miners stocks seem to be in stage 4 but possibly leveling out. Also not clear if gold has got out of stage 4 yet. However, a few looked of interest. Some are UK but as most are North American I though it best to put them together here:

I think looking at Gold, Silver, and the Materials sector follows along with Weinstein recommendations. In chapter 4, "Refining the buying process" Weinstein recommends looking for head and shoulder bottoms and double barrel bottoms. After a long stage 4 decline, I think it is a great point - "Given that apparently people rush to gold if the outlook is not good gold goes up".

We should be able to identify stocks in this sector that are in 1B and moving to 2A that will break out if people go looking for a safe haven.

(This post was last modified: 2015-08-17, 05:55 AM by gbarbs.)

Jim - I have been considering shorting gold. The individual charts in the sector are almost all below their declining 30 week MA and many have just broken below support. In my opinion, there's a decent case to short it. I have seen people rush to gold as a safe haven but if you are going by stage analysis and the charts it looks to me like the sector is headed lower.