Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 195

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

A few Stage 4A breakdown attempts for the short watchlist - ACM, KBH

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A couple for the long watchlist - KEYS, BDC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

IDXX - Stage 2B, further continuation attempt on average volume after consolidating for the last few months.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2015-01-14, 04:27 PM by Amedee.)

I saw you where looking at BDC in the internet sector (not a really favored sector yet Dodgy, #10 in my ranking of 40 sectors).
There is another ticker that is on my watchlist in that sector though. It is RAX. I think it had a first breakout near 40 (stage 2A) and is keeping up well in this volatile market.

I also like the 1BR (1 box reversal) and 3BR (3 box reversal) chart. I think there is quite some overhead resistance near $52 (see 1BR chart P&F, 'looking left' ). On the 3BR chart, the price broke through the BRL (bearish resistance line, blue dotted line coming down in a 45° slope, it acts like a brick wall on P&F charts!)

On the weekly Chartmill chart, RS is picking up and there was volume at the breakout near $40.

I would hope to get in after a pull back but a first position near $49 is another possibility.
Any other thoughts about RAX on the forum?

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

(2015-01-14, 04:24 PM)Amedee Wrote: I saw you where looking at BDC in the internet sector (not a really favored sector yet Dodgy, #10 in my ranking of 40 sectors).
There is another ticker that is on my watchlist in that sector though. It is RAX. I think it had a first breakout near 40 (stage 2A) and is keeping up well in this volatile market.

I also like the 1BR (1 box reversal) and 3BR (3 box reversal) chart. I think there is quite some overhead resistance near $52 (see 1BR chart P&F, 'looking left' ). On the 3BR chart, the price broke through the BRL (bearish resistance line, blue dotted line coming down in a 45° slope, it acts like a brick wall on P&F charts!)

On the weekly Chartmill chart, RS is picking up and there was volume at the breakout near $40.

I would hope to get in after a pull back but a first position near $49 is another possibility.
Any other thoughts about RAX on the forum?

Few problems I am noticing:

1. There is a heavy resistance around 54 area. Unless it clears with heavy volume, I would still consider it in Stage 1

2. The industry is Dow Jones Internet Services ($DJUSNS). Industry is now under performing compared to S&P.

(2015-01-14, 04:24 PM)Amedee Wrote: Any other thoughts about RAX on the forum?

It's on the right side of it's near term resistance (highlighted by the ichimoku cloud chart attached) which was cleared on the Stage 2A breakout week, and so the methods next entry point would be the pullback towards the breakout level - which might have began. I'm noticing a confluence of support in that area around $40 with the breakout level, ichimoku cloud support and the rising 30 week MA. The other potential buy point for the method would be for it to consolidate and then break out higher again above the $49 level you noted. But if it does pullback then the method says to watch the volume closely as you want to see a contraction in volume on the initial pullback towards the breakout level.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2015-01-14, 05:05 PM by Amedee.)

(2015-01-13, 09:39 PM)pcabc Wrote: Long, HOLX. Volume is perhaps a tad shy of what we would like. Longer term the relative strength has been +ve but falling but it has spiked upwards in the last day or two. Not an A+ but useful for info I'd assume.

Yes, looks like a nice trade. Favored sector healthcare, PO (price objective) on the 3BR P&F chart = $39, on the 1BR chart even $43.

I hope it is going to pull back a bit to get in too Wink

(2015-01-14, 04:47 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 04:24 PM)Amedee Wrote: Any other thoughts about RAX on the forum?

It's on the right side of it's near term resistance (highlighted by the ichimoku cloud chart attached) which was cleared on the Stage 2A breakout week, and so the methods next entry point would be the pullback towards the breakout level - which might have began. I'm noticing a confluence of support in that area around $40 with the breakout level, ichimoku cloud support and the rising 30 week MA. The other potential buy point for the method would be for it to consolidate and then break out higher again above the $49 level you noted. But if it does pullback then the method says to watch the volume closely as you want to see a contraction in volume on the initial pullback towards the breakout level.

Looks interesting that ichimoku cloud. I never used it...
We will keep an eye on the volume too.
Regards,

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

CLVS - Attempting to make a new Stage 2A breakout. Volume is still under average currently and so would need to more than double by the end of the week, but relative performance is moving back above it's zero line again.

isatrader