Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 51

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

CCIH came up on last nights scan in the Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market thread in the elite section of the forum.

It made it's first potential Stage 2 continuation move yesterday, after breaking out into Stage 2A in August. Relative performance is strengthening above the zero line, and volume has been above average since it's move into Stage 2. Attached are the charts

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

INUV is a stock in Stage 2A currently near the top of of it's recent range, and so has potential to make a Stage 2 continuation move if it moves and closes above it's recent swing high of 1.33

Relative performance is strong and volume was above the methods requirements of two times average volume on the Stage 2A breakout week, and is also very strong this week at almost 4 times the average weekly volume so far. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

It may not be long before STP gets its day in the sun.

Another weekly chart to show the potential in this one and to put the two high volume weeks in the base in perspective. (Log scaling would n't co-operate in PRT)

A couple of other "Single Digit Midgets" from Thursday's scan for the watchlist in early Stage 2A with notable volume increases coming in on the breakouts.

QTWW broke out into Stage 2A last week on around four times the average volume which has continued to increase this as it's continued higher. Relative performance has moved above the zero line and it's attempting to clear technical resistance from the 2012 summer highs. But is very extended short term. Attached is the charts.

OINK made a Stage 2A breakout today on 30 times the average daily volume. Weekly volume is around 11 times the average with one day to go. So it's seen a significant increase in interest this week. Relative performance has moved above the zero line, but it is moving into an area of resistance that it traded in from late 2011 to mid 2012. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

CNTF is another "Single Digit Midget" currently in Stage 1B.

Relative performance is beginning to outperform, and it saw a significant volume increase from the July/August up move, and also it's recent move higher over the last two weeks has seen a volume increase also of around two times the average. So watch for a strong close above the December 2012 swing high of 1.54 for CNTF to move into Stage 2A imo. Attached are the charts.

isatrader

(2013-09-28, 08:49 PM)theory6453 Wrote:
(2013-09-28, 03:44 AM)anupam384 Wrote: As far as the stocks that are in my watchlist or that I plan to get into soon are as follows:

znga - like it
halo - missed it
gern - missed it
gluu - will wait for it breakout
ctic - not sure if the base is in yet

pacb - like it
idra - love it
appy - will wait for it to breakout
onty - will wait for it breakout
gnvc - not sure if the base is in yet

Over to you experts !

Thanks anupam384! Of your picks, I think I also like IDRA the best (especially since pacb had HUGE move this week and would qualify as 'missed it' for me... hope you got in).

IDRA doubled in value since breakout and is now in a significant 30%-40% pullback. The majority of technicals look good to me to move higher and Health Care sector and Biotech sub-group are both in Stage 2. My one main concern would be that the volume has been higher on the pullback than it was on the actual breakout and we have talked about wanting to see the pullback on declining volume. Otherwise I would like to continue to see it pullback to $1.50 entry point before moving higher. It seems to have a lot of potential where I think ZNGA may still be a little premature.

Thanks for the heads up!

***Update - Here's an interesting article on IDRA
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1712362-...nd-q1-2014

I don't think anyone has given anupam384 a pat on the back for the IDRA call but it is up 60%-65% since he highlighted it last week. I got in at $1.79 on Monday and the stock is currently trading at $2.95. Hopefully this one still has some more upside to it thru the end of the year.

Nice job anupam384! I'll be looking forward to more of your picks!

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

Well done to anupam384 on his IDRA pick.

I've highlighted MCP a number of times on the thread over the last few months, and bought into it myself in early August. It continues to trade in Stage 1B and has had a strong week. Relative performance is breaking above the zero line, but volume is still only average currently, but the 50 day MA and 200 day MA are today at the same level, so could crossover finally.

To move into Stage 2A this would need to close above the July swing high of 8.06 imo. Attached is the charts.

Disclaimer: I have been long MCP since 7th August.

isatrader

SINA is attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation move. Relative performance is strong, but volume is only around average though. Attached are the charts.

isatrader