Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 96

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Slim pickings tonight on the long side. But YOD and JFBI (which I highlighted previously in December), both had some strong relative volume moves today and so could be worth further research.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Intraday Watchlist and Discussion

With the broad market sell off there's not many long opportunities, but UPI caught my eye as it's attempting to complete a Stage 2A breakout this week above resistance on nearly 6x average volume and improving relative performance versus the S&P 500 that moving further above it's zero line. So I think this is worth further research. Attached is the weekly and monthly charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I highlighted BDSI back in December as it was setting up to make a potential Stage 2 continuation move higher here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...90#pid2490

It made the continuation move over Christmas and this week saw it breakout to new highs on very strong relative volume of 11.5x the weekly average. Relative performance versus the S&P 500 also moved to new highs, and so although it's already moved 72% from my previous post, I think the volume suggests that it could have further to go still if the broad market sell off doesn't intensify.

isatrader

A few more continuation moves for the watchlist - GAME, BBNK

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

UPI managed to make a Stage 2A breakout last week against the broad market sell off, and so showed excellent relative strength. Volume was 7x the weekly average and the relative performance has move above a newly rising zero line.

It is above cloud resistance, but as you can see on the chart it's yet to close above the 2012 highs, and pulled back from above them during the week.

isatrader

With the US stock averages in late 2B and a number of sharp reversals last week I thought I'd start looking for some potential Stage 4 breakdowns and Stage 4 continuation moves lower for the watchlist.

On a manual scan through the Consumer Discretionary sector which broke down considerably last week, I came across URBN which I previously highlighted back on the 10th September here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...78#pid1578 as it was first trying to breakdown in early Stage 4A. It took a few weeks to complete the breakdown and has since consolidated sideways in a lower range around the 2012 support.

It's now near the lower end of the range once more and looks like it wants to attempt a continuation move lower into a full Stage 4 decline, which would complete a large head and shoulders pattern from mid 2012. Relative performance continues to be weak below a declining zero line and volume is generally below average.

isatrader

RE: US Stocks - Intraday Watchlist and Discussion

I don't normally highlight pharma stocks, but the volume profile on ORMP is very strong so I thought it was worth highlighting it's potential turn after a few weeks of pulling back on lighter volume.

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Potential Stage 4A breakdowns for the watchlist - SYT, NSR, ACAT, STRM

isatrader