Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 264

$PXD - Stage 1, $OGC.CA - Stage 2 pullback

A few stocks to keep an eye on - PXD, OGC.TO

PXD - Stage 1 base forming for the last seven months. Relative performance flattening and close to the zero line.

OGC.TO - this gold miner made a Stage 2A breakout four weeks ago, and is now consolidating/pulling back. And so with general stocks strengthening, there's potential for a pullback towards the 50 day MA if it breaks down from the current consolidation.

There was an article on oceana gold last week here: http://www.zealllc.com/2016/ogcefdmt.htm that talks about it's strong fundamentals and low operating costs. Which although not necessary in Weinstein's method, as it's 100% technical, it's nevertheless good to have.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-03-01, 10:28 PM)isatrader Wrote: There was an article on oceana gold last week here: http://www.zealllc.com/2016/ogcefdmt.htm that talks about it's strong fundamentals and low operating costs. Which although not necessary in Weinstein's method, as it's 100% technical, it's nevertheless good to have.

Not ever got into fundamentals. However, Mark Minervi's seems to combine a mixture of fundamentals and technicals. I suppose that if you pick a technically good company that is also good from a fundamental perspective it hopefully gives the fundamentalists (!) a good reason to jump on board and keep the price going.

(This post was last modified: 2016-03-02, 11:13 PM by wpeters.)

(2016-03-02, 12:30 AM)pcabc Wrote: Not ever got into fundamentals. However, Mark Minervi's seems to combine a mixture of fundamentals and technicals. I suppose that if you pick a technically good company that is also good from a fundamental perspective it hopefully gives the fundamentalists (!) a good reason to jump on board and keep the price going.

Agreed, however if the funnymentals look bad then disregard, which is a major plank of the Weinstein system. Very unintuitive in the beginning Smile

A few for the long watchlist today at various Stages. I'll let you work out the Stages for a change, as is good practice Wink

APIC, SA, SEDG, PLPM, DRD, AVD

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

$WOR - Stage 2A attempt

WOR - Stage 2A breakout attempt with strong relative performance above a rising zero line, but volume is weak, so you'd want to see that start to improve in the coming weeks.

isatrader

(2016-03-02, 09:35 PM)isatrader Wrote: A few for the long watchlist today at various Stages. I'll let you work out the Stages for a change, as is good practice Wink
APIC, SA, SEDG, PLPM, DRD, AVD

I'll give it a shot.

APIC - 1
SA - 2
SEDG - 1
PLPM - 3
DRD - 2
AVD - 2

W.

(2016-03-03, 12:01 AM)wpeters Wrote: I'll give it a shot.
APIC - 1
SA - 2
SEDG - 1
PLPM - 3
DRD - 2
AVD - 2

Good try, but a few were a quite tricky. Here's the stages imo:

APIC: 4B- (Attempting to move back into Stage 1)
SA: 2A
SEDG: 1
PLPM: 3
DRD: 2
AVD: 1B

isatrader

It can be quite tricky for sure. I haven't yet got to the point in the book where he delineates stages using letters so that explains why I was having difficulty with some of them. The first and last were the toughest. In the first I noticed that the 2nd major retracement below $6 didn't quite hit the previous low and the 30 week MA was still slightly pointing down so in a choice between a 4 or 1 I took 1.