Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 245

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2015-08-31, 06:09 PM)isatrader Wrote: Hi Jim,

The reason for the board going quiet is because I've had to scale back the time I spend on here due to an increased workload running my design business, which is giving me very little free time for anything else. And I was doing around 80% of the posts on here, as the majority of members mostly read the site but don't tend to get involved.

My original hope with the website was that there would be less lurking from members as time went on, and that more people would get involved as their understanding of the method got better. However, this hasn't happened, except for a few core members, and so it still relies on me for the majority of new content, and so with my limited time at the moment I need other members to apply what they've learnt from the site and have discussions about promising stocks showing the right attributes.

Isa,

I suspect that this site is somewhere on the edge of the number of people to make it self sustaining.

I think also that people perhaps don't want to tread on your toes, you are one of the most, if not the most experienced here with the method and it is basically your train set. I suspect I've been fairly prolific compared to many, but other activities also take time so the ability to post varies. My workflow is fairly slick but posting a small amount of what you do takes time, so you must have been spending a significant amount of it on posting. Additionally my screening is optimized for longs and given that we seem to be at a top it does not seem a good time to be posting possible long breakouts.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Hello guys and girls,

I'm currently shorting TWX. What are your thoughts on this? From what I've read, I think this is a perfect candidate. I would like to get some feedback from some of u to see if I'm correct.

TWX: Relative strength nose-diving. A good run up. Great to read that someone is shorting. What was your entry price?

(This post was last modified: 2015-09-29, 11:08 PM by GlobalCitizen.)

(2015-09-29, 10:00 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: TWX: Relative strength nose-diving. A good run up. Great to read that someone is shorting. What was your entry price?

67 today. I've been on the wrong side of the trades lately, so I decided to open up my books again. Using Stan's method, I realised that shorting is better now. A lot of the stocks that I normally go long in, are all below their 30-week MA. However, TWX seems to meet all of the criteria to short. The relative strength is indeed taking a nose-dive. My question is whether this will keep diving?

MU looks like another good short but I don't know if it will continue to decline.

Potential Short HYG - any thoughts?

After reading StockCharts.com message today. HYG Ishares junk bond fund is a potential short. HYG is trading below its 30 week moving average and just broke below support (Oct 2014 low). Not to mention if you are listening to the news bonds are in trouble.

(2015-09-30, 05:50 AM)JimStudent Wrote: Potential Short HYG - any thoughts?

After reading StockCharts.com message today. HYG Ishares junk bond fund is a potential short. HYG is trading below its 30 week moving average and just broke below support (Oct 2014 low). Not to mention if you are listening to the news bonds are in trouble.

Only that you should turn off the financial news channels, and rely on what you see in the charts and your portfolio to make your decisions.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-09-30, 07:59 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 05:50 AM)JimStudent Wrote: Potential Short HYG - any thoughts?

Only that you should turn off the financial news channels, and rely on what you see in the charts and your portfolio to make your decisions.
Looking at a number of bond funds they seem to be below their 30 week MAs but have not broken long term upward trend lines. Too soon to buy under stage analysis, but on the other hand perhaps a large pullback. I recently opened up one ETF position, it was just nudging above an MA that had flattened out. Time will tell.

(This post was last modified: 2015-09-30, 10:53 AM by shaunattwood.)

HYG looks bearish but Stan says ideal shorts have had big run-ups, so I would dismiss it for something more in tune with his requirements.