Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 225

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2015-04-16, 08:41 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 07:41 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Hello everyone,

Been lookin at LYV (Live Nation) the last couple of days.

Here is the chart.

If I'm not mistaken, it appears to be in an early stage 2 level. The 30 MA is slowly movin up. Thoughts anyone?

Hi GlobalCitizen,

LYV has been in Stage 2 for over two years and so would be considered in late Stage 2B, as it's had a very long Stage 2 advance and the Stage 2A breakout occured back in early 2013. Although it’s still showing potential for a possible further Stage 2 continuation attempt currently.

Interesting.

The way I looked at it, it seems that it built a new base and is on the verge of a new break-out. Since it dropped in April, August and October '14. I looked at those drops as a stage 4.

(2015-04-16, 09:25 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Interesting.

The way I looked at it, it seems that it built a new base and is on the verge of a new break-out. Since it dropped in April, August and October '14. I looked at those drops as a stage 4.

It's not been in Stage 4 in anytime in the last two years. It developed part of a Stage 3 consolidation for around six months in 2014 and got close in early October 2014, but then made a Stage 2 continuation breakout which nullified that in late October 2014, and since formed a higher consolidation base which could again be a potential Stage 3 top, but it has remained above a still rising 30 week MA for most of it. So at the moment it would get a Stage 2B rating, but is on the verge of potentially becoming Stage 3, or if it breaks higher again will make a further Stage 2 continuation.

For a Stage 4A breakdown the 30 week MA must be declining and it must break below a significant swing low. So currently that would be a breakdown below the Feb 2015 swing low which is roughly at 23.5 at a quick glance.

It will take time to learn the Stages properly. Visit the Stage Analysis Breakout Quality Checklist thread, as that has a lot of the technical things to look for when trying to identify quality breakouts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

A couple for the US long watchlist - MBUU, AST

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-04-16, 09:35 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 09:25 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Interesting.

It's not been in Stage 4 in anytime in the last two years. It developed part of a Stage 3 consolidation for around six months in 2014 and got close in early October 2014, but then made a Stage 2 continuation breakout which nullified that in late October 2014, and since formed a higher consolidation base which could again be a potential Stage 3 top, but it has remained above a still rising 30 week MA for most of it. So at the moment it would get a Stage 2B rating, but is on the verge of potentially becoming Stage 3, or if it breaks higher again will make a further Stage 2 continuation.

For a Stage 4A breakdown the 30 week MA must be declining and it must break below a significant swing low. So currently that would be a breakdown below the Feb 2015 swing low which is roughly at 23.5 at a quick glance.

It will take time to learn the Stages properly. Visit the Stage Analysis Breakout Quality Checklist thread, as that has a lot of the technical things to look for when trying to identify quality breakouts.

Okay!

Thank you for your feedback!

A few for the US long watchlist - TROV (Stage 2A), AVEO (Stage 1), VIMC (potential for a continuation - originally highlighted at $2.70 on 17th Jan 2014)

isatrader

A couple of additions for the US long watchlist - VWR (initial Stage 2 cont attempt), TUMI (Stage 2A attempt)

isatrader

SPPR - interesting single digit midget that's been a terminal decliner since 2007, but has recently been forming a Stage 1 base, and is now in Stage 1B, yet still below it's weekly resistance zone currently. However the weekly volume spiked a huge 22.62 times the average this week, and is it's largest monthly volume ever. So one to to watch for a Stage 2A breakout attempt.

isatrader

WUBA, in the process of breaking out: