Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 196

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

RLVP - broke out into Stage 2A in December on strong relative volume and has since consolidated sideways. It's now approaching the top of it's consolidation on strengthening volume and so has potential for continuation breakout attempt.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-14, 10:34 PM by pcabc.)

Screener threw up NESN. Not sure if this looks like a potential continuation in the making or whether it is just a slowish trend. Shared in case it is of interest.

Darn, it is Nestles, Swiss. Did not check and thought it was a US stock!

WIFI - I bought this one on it's fresh Stage 2A breakout attempt back in November, and it didn't manage to get through the major support from the previous years highs that would see it into a clear Stage 2 advance. After nine weeks of going sideways to lower it finally bounced off of it's 30 week MA this week and is now back at it's Stage 2A breakout level again. And so could possibility make the move to new two year highs and clear of it's monster Stage 1 base. So I have my fingers crossed.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

What about TWTR? Stage 2A?
For a first position when it hits $41?

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

(2015-01-15, 03:21 PM)Amedee Wrote: What about TWTR? Stage 2A?
For a first position when it hits $41?

No, it's still in Stage 1. It attempted what I call an early Stage 2A breakout back in August/September, but failed as it was too early and so that high becomes the top of the Stage 1 range unless a new lower swing high forms above the 30 week MA.

So currently it's made a potential higher low and the 30 week MA has turned up to flat. Relative performance is still below the declining zero line. So imo the Stage 2A breakout point wouldn't be until a breakout on strong relative volume above $56 currently.

Also, it breaks a few of Stan's Don't Commandments - see page 129 in the book.

The 3 box reversal P&F charts are a good guide usually to help find the Stage 2A breakout point, as it will generally occur above the declining 45Ëš trendline.

There's nothing stopping you playing Stage 1 stocks, but the failure rate in my experience is much higher than Stage 2 stocks as they are still under near term resistance and they can stay in Stage 1 for a long time as they try to work off supply from their declines. Personally, I think the Stage 1 base needs to be a minimum size of six months, but a year would be better.

isatrader

A few for the long watchlist today - ADVS, CRME, WNS

isatrader

IDXX was posted a few days ago. It has shown up today on my screener. I thought an update would not hurt:

A few for the short watchlist tonight - YELP, CYT, LXK, PCLN, TRIP

isatrader