Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 175

RE: Investor Method Watchlist

Here's another one for the watchlist. PGNX. I personally like this one and plan to load up on this one. GL

(2014-11-11, 03:53 AM)anupam384 Wrote: Here's another one for the watchlist. PGNX. I personally like this one and plan to load up on this one. GL

Here's the charts. Attempting to move into Stage 2A on the weekly above it's recent swing high. Still near term resistance from the 2013 highs, but strong relative performance above it's zero line.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

A few for the US watchlist - FLWS, CDZI, CIM, JRJC, PTX, TASR

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few more for the watchlist - RAX (Stage 2A attempt), CUDA (Stage 1), MODN (Stage 1), RVP (Stage 2 continuation attempt)

isatrader

[/quote]

Here's the charts. Attempting to move into Stage 2A on the weekly above it's recent swing high. Still near term resistance from the 2013 highs, but strong relative performance above it's zero line.

[/quote]

Thanks for the charts isatrader. It tried today on high volume but was pulled back down. I think it is too far from all the Moving averages and might consolidate next week or so before blowing past 7.

What are your thoughts about XNPT, I started with half my position but not sure where to put my limit/stop order for the remaining half. The next resistance I see is at 9.

(2014-11-12, 03:12 AM)anupam384 Wrote: What are your thoughts about XNPT, I started with half my position but not sure where to put my limit/stop order for the remaining half. The next resistance I see is at 9.

It's come a long way already in a short time, as is 144% above the low from early May and hasn't had a consolidation since July. So unless the volume significantly improves then there's chance of a pullback into the range or a consolidation above it as it's not an ideal breakout and has no near term support due to it's early breakout. So personally I'd be watching for how it reacts once it makes it's first significant pullback to towards the 50 day MA / 10 week MA. i.e. does volume contract on the pullback; does hold at or above the 50 day MA etc. So all the usual stuff we look for with the method.

The chart reminds me of the stock I used in Quiz Question#1 in the Stage Analysis Study Guide thread which was a huge winner in 2013, but never the less, pulled all the way back to the 30 week MA following it's initial Stage 2A breakout as it was very extended short term like XNPT is. Here's the link: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...12#pid3312

isatrader

MATX - Gap breakout to attempt to move into initial Stage 2A since IPO

isatrader

AEO - Stage 1 base forming. Watching for price to move above the September swing high, which is the current top of the forming Stage 1 base.

isatrader