Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 14

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Essar Energy (ESSR.L) caught my eye for a potential investor position as it's currently in Stage 1B / 2A with positive relative performance that's been in line with the S&P 500 since the start of year and the cumulative volume picked up at the start of the year as well. I've taken advantage of stockcharts new feature for extra members to be able to load your own data into a single chart called @myindex, as I can use it to create decent P&F charts for UK stocks. So I've loaded up Essar's historical data and created a few P&F charts to get a different view of the Stage 1 base that's been forming for the last year.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached is another longer term potential investor pick. Grainger (GRI.L) has had a strong Stage 2 run over the last year to clear two resistance levels from the previous two years as you can see clearly on the monthly chart on the left of the two attached charts. So it's in Stage 2, but still within a much larger monthly Stage 1 pattern that goes back to 2009.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Final one for the time being as need to get on with some work, is Barratt Developments (BDEV.L) which I put on the watchlist at the beginning of the year and has been the top performer of my watchlist picks, up around 50% since then.

Currently it's 3rd on the relative performance table in a strong Stage 2 run, and has recently broken above it's four year high, which was where it managed to reach after it's long Stage 4 decline from 2006-2009. So a possible investor play to start accumulating on the next significant pullback.

isatrader

I noticed a stock on my visual scan tonight that I previously marked up in the old thread on t2w a few months back on the week of it's Stage 2A breakout here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technica...ost2073934.

Man Group (EMG.L) moved into early Stage 2A in early February and quickly made a swing high around the previous resistance from the early 2012 lows. It then pulled back for seven weeks to the 30 week MA and reversed strongly over the last four weeks, and last week made a continuation move above the February swing high.

Relative performance versus the S&P 500 is strong and rising and the cumulative volume is picking up. It's technical attributes moved up one this week also from 7 to a maximum of 8 out of 8 score as the 10 week MA turned up. So it looks promising currently and the next technical resistance from early 2012 is at 152.80. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

I've been testing my new technical attributes scoring system using monthly and weekly settings to get a long and short term view of a stock, as I think it will be a good way to visually scan for stocks for the watchlist. So as a quick test I've used the FTSE 350 Bank Sector to see what I get and how it compares to the straight Mansfield RS table that I normally use to gauge a stocks strength.

On a weekly basis for this sector it is identical in ranking order of strength, but the monthly results shows a slight different picture with Lloyds dropping down the table by two places. The BGEO score on the monthly isn't complete as 3 of the 8 settings don't have enough historical data points yet to calculate, such as a 30 month MA, so I think it would still be the strongest stock overall in the group. Attached are the results.

isatrader

Another one for my watchlist for a potential long term investor position is SIG (SHI.L) which is in the FTSE 350 Support Services Sector (NMX2790) which has been outperforming the S&P 500 over the last year. As you can see on the attached long term Technical Attributes chart, it's recently made a monthly Stage 2 breakout following it's normal weekly Stage 2A breakout in early January.

The monthly breakout looks interesting as it's been basing for the last four years or so following a major Stage 4 breakdown in 2008 and as you can see the Technical Attributes score on the monthly chart has just moved to green across the board with a score of 8 out of 8 now, and the weekly Technical Attributes score has been on a maximum score of 8 since November 23rd and it's had a 52% move since then. So it has some promise for a potential investor position, but is quite extended, so I will put it on watchlist for the time being. Attached is my monthly, weekly and daily charts.

isatrader

A few more UK stocks for my watchlist - BYG.L, COB.L and MKS.L. These were recommended by Weinstein in the latest monthly GTA report from the 26th April which I managed to get a look at this week. BYG.L was already on my big bases watchlist since the start of January, but I still like the look it and the other two on the longer term monthly charts. Attached are my monthly, weekly and daily charts.

Big Yellow Group - BYG.L

Cobham - COB.L

Marks & Spencer - MKS.L

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-05-07, 02:41 PM by RUTrading.)

isatrader, I really like the way you have added your scoring system to the charts, great idea, wish I could do that with Metastock but it only always you to have one ribbon per chart.

RUTrading

"The more mechanical I've made my system and the less subject to judgments and emotions, the more profitable it has become." Stan Weinstein