Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 125

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

ISSC - Stage 3B, watch for a breakdown below the bottom of the range for a move into Stage 4A

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached is the latest additions to the US watchlist from Wednesdays scans - ACW, TWIN, XRSC

For the short watchlist - BGFV, PNRA, AUDC, EBAY, BDBD, USNA, WSH, WTS, SM, NCR, MSCI, OMG, HE, CHUY

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

What about shorting CTRX rallying back to its neckline at 44?

(2014-05-01, 11:28 AM)isatrader Wrote: Attached is the latest additions to the US watchlist from Wednesdays scans - ACW, TWIN, XRSC

For the short watchlist - BGFV, PNRA, AUDC, EBAY, BDBD, USNA, WSH, WTS, SM, NCR, MSCI, OMG, HE, CHUY

(2014-05-01, 02:39 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: What about shorting CTRX rallying back to its neckline at 44?

As before the method would suggest waiting for it to stabilize at the breakdown area / resistance zone and starting to show weakness again. So one method I've been experimenting with is dropping down the time frame to a 2 hour chart and performing a Stage analysis on it in the same way you would with a weekly chart. So for example if you look at the 2 hour chart of CTRX attached, it's gaped up into 2hr Stage 2, straight from it's 2hr Stage 4 on around 3 times the average volume. So personally, I'd be looking for it to form a consolidation over a number of days and then breaking back below that at least, as is showing some short term strength currently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

That's a sensible approach. I'm short 250 at 43.49 with orders to short 450 more at 43.99 as personally I feel the rally is a spike that will fizzle by the end of today.

(2014-05-01, 03:14 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 02:39 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: What about shorting CTRX rallying back to its neckline at 44?

As before the method would suggest waiting for it to stabilize at the breakdown area / resistance zone and starting to show weakness again. So one method I've been experimenting with is dropping down the time frame to a 2 hour chart and performing a Stage analysis on it in the same way you would with a weekly chart. So for example if you look at the 2 hour chart of CTRX attached, it's gaped up into 2hr Stage 2, straight from it's 2hr Stage 4 on around 3 times the average volume. So personally, I'd be looking for it to form a consolidation over a number of days and then breaking back below that at least, as is showing some short term strength currently.

(2014-05-01, 03:17 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: That's a sensible approach. I'm short 250 at 43.49 with orders to short 450 more at 43.99 as personally I feel the rally is a spike that will fizzle by the end of today.

You are trading some decent size there. Have you thought about doing your own thread in the members thread section? As, think it would be an interesting read and your a very active trader.

isatrader

I might do, but I'm really pressed for time. If you google my name "Shaun Attwood" you'll see my story. In the late 90's, on borrowed money, I made $2million using Stan's techniques but the $ went to my head and I started throwing Ecstasy parties with it for 1000's of people in Arizona. A SWAT team smashed my door down and I lost everything. Now I'm rebuilding my life. My story was broadcast worldwide on Nat Geo channel. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWPIfjCoy8

(2014-05-01, 03:24 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 03:17 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: That's a sensible approach. I'm short 250 at 43.49 with orders to short 450 more at 43.99 as personally I feel the rally is a spike that will fizzle by the end of today.

You are trading some decent size there. Have you thought about doing your own thread in the members thread section? As, think it would be an interesting read and your a very active trader.

(2014-05-01, 03:32 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: I might do, but I'm really pressed for time. If you google my name "Shaun Attwood" you'll see my story. In the late 90's, on borrowed money, I made $2million using Stan's techniques but the $ went to my head and I started throwing Ecstasy parties with it for 1000's of people in Arizona. A SWAT team smashed my door down and I lost everything. Now I'm rebuilding my life. My story was broadcast worldwide on Nat Geo channel. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWPIfjCoy8

Sounds really interesting. I will give it a watch, thanks Smile

isatrader