Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 118

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-04-16, 05:37 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: I've watched HIMX get killed, and ASML looks like a good one. Would you wait to see if it fills the gap around 84.5 for an ideal entry?

It's very extended in the short term, and had some volume come in on the recovery bar earlier. So looks like it will try to fill the gap and test the breakdown zone in the 83 to 85 area imo. But if it starts to break below 80 again it could go. Is a tricky one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-04-16, 05:37 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: I've watched HIMX get killed, and ASML looks like a good one. Would you wait to see if it fills the gap around 84.5 for an ideal entry?

(2014-04-16, 04:05 PM)isatrader Wrote: ASML - Potential Stage 4A breakdown. See attached charts.

If I were you, I would not enter at this point. The reason being Industry $DJUSCE (DJ US Consumer Electronics) is still strong although weakening.

I would wait for a pullback to have a more safer entry.

So in your interview with Stan he emailed:

A. I suggest doing secondary buying when a stock pulls back close to the breakout point, and you then see it stabilize near that level.

Does that mean when I look at these three stocks:
UTHR
ZNGA
PPHM
by putting their symbols in the sharpchart here: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui

UTHR and ZNGA qualify, but PPHM doesn't.

(2014-04-16, 08:04 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: So in your interview with Stan he emailed:

A. I suggest doing secondary buying when a stock pulls back close to the breakout point, and you then see it stabilize near that level.

Does that mean when I look at these three stocks:
UTHR
ZNGA
PPHM
by putting their symbols in the sharpchart here: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui

UTHR and ZNGA qualify, but PPHM doesn't.

The question that I asked Stan was about the secondary lower risk entry point following the Stage 2A breakout (point B on the below illustration), which in terms of the investor method is where you are supposed to put on the the second half of your position, following putting the first half position on at the Stage 2A breakout point.

So for UTHR that point in time on it's chart occurred in late 2012, for ZNGA it could potentially be around that point currently, and for PPHM I'd say that point occurred around February this year and it is now testing the area again, which is not usually a good sign.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Is GM a short candidate now that it has rallied back to its neckline at 34?

(2014-04-15, 08:58 PM)ksarkar77 Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 12:39 AM)isatrader Wrote: A few for the US watchlist on the long side - BEBE, ZN

And on the short side - MTSN, EGLE, ADUS, ENH, MSB

Isa Trader,

BEBE: When looking at the Industry $DJUSRA (DJ US Retailer, Apparel), the whole industry is in Stage 3. Do you think it will be prudent to consider this as long?

ZN: Industry $DJUSOS(D) (DJ US Exploration & Production) is showing excellent strenth. But I am not able to identify the Stage 1 on the chart of ZN. Where do you think it is?

Thank you for the excellent site. I hope to contribute here.

Thanks

(2014-04-17, 01:55 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Is GM a short candidate now that it has rallied back to its neckline at 34?

Potentially, as the rally back to the Stage 4A breakdown level has been on lighter volume. But remember Stan says:

"I suggest doing secondary buying when a stock pulls back close to the breakout point, and you then see it stabilize near that level."

So, my interpretation of that is that you should wait until you see it stall at the resistance and begin to rollover. You also need to consider it's earning date, as it's only a week away.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Some additions to the US watchlist from yesterdays scans - IBKR, KONA

And on the short side - ADTN, HOV, WFM, ENH

isatrader

nice big top on HOV

(2014-04-17, 02:23 PM)isatrader Wrote: Some additions to the US watchlist from yesterdays scans - IBKR, KONA

And on the short side - ADTN, HOV, WFM, ENH