Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 471

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

(2022-07-20, 08:51 PM)pcabc Wrote: Stirrings in crypto?

Still stirring, espectially the % cryptos above their 20 an 50 day EMAs, [11 & 12].  Is this the first signs of Stage 1 in BTC or just a bulltrap?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oil & Gas producers

A lot of sideways action on the oil price [1].  In the short term every indicator except for the cummulative new highs minus new lows [4] and gold cross index [15] has been trending upwards.

Bitcoin versus Cryptos

We've got higher lows and perhaps higher highs on bitcoin, which I'm using in lieu of an index [1].  PRetty much all indicators are short term moving up excpt perhaps new highs minus new lows [3].  The % stocks above their  20, 50 and 200 day EMA are moving in a positive direction.

S&P500 v Russell 3000

Short term the breadth is improving as are my aggregate scores for each time period [A & B].  But, will the S&P500 [1] bounce of just below 4200 or the 150 day MA to make a bull trap?

New Video: Stage Analysis Members Weekend Video – 31 July 2022 (1hr 36mins)

New Video: Stage Analysis Members Weekend Video – 31 July 2022 (1hr 36mins) has been posted.

▪️ 24 min FREE preview on the Solar group Stage 2 breakout attempt $TAN $ENPH $FSLR etc
▪️ Premium Members login to the blog for the full length video

View the video in the blog at: Stage Analysis Members Weekend Video – 31 July 2022

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

S&P500 versus Russell 3000

Interesting chart.  The index [1] has broken above its past high and above its 150 day SMA.  The SMA is still falling but the slope is flattening considerably.  Good signs.  However, could there be resistance as per the red line?  That line only becomes true if the index drops down right away, or only makes a tiny gain and then drops.  Or, if it drops will we get a higher low.  We could get both?

THe 1% A/D has been above the zero line for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks and the Weinstein Momentum is about to cross above the zero  All the McClellan's [7-10] are bullish - though could be getting over-bought.% stocks above the various MAs are very high for the shorter term and just crossing above 50% for the 200 day EMA.  Silver Cross Indicator [14] has rocketed up and the slower Gold Cross Indicator [15] has just about turned up.

Almost a positive glimmer on New HIghs minus New Lows [3].

Quite bullish, but I wonder about the red resistance line.

Failing at overhead resistance?

S&P500:
Good breadth but the index has bounced off the 200 day SMA and a trendline.

I have positions in MSFT and AMD, MSFT has similarly bounced off the 299 day SMA and AMD of the 150 day.  Not looked elsewhere but there seems to be a theme forming:

Up until now, apart from the falling 150 day SMA market breadth was strong.  But we seem, from this limited look, to have signs of weakness.

US Consumer discretionary versus Staples

I've seen this used as a plot for market breadth.  We've had a decline since December 2021 - with the stop preceeding the S&P500 top by about a month.  The falling trendline was broken a few weeks back, but we are now falling from a new top above that previous trendline. I wonder if that trendline will now be support meaning things are still weak but perhaps not terrible?  Perhaps it leads weight to the argument that we indeed have had a bottom.  Perhaps things will remain weak but a precipitous drop is less likely.  Frankly I'm unsure but thought it was an interesting chart.

The chart is the last 2 years, the date axis is way off the edge of the image.