Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 428

Effective Volume - SPY, QQQ, IWM

With the heavy end to the week I though it would be useful to look at the effective volume charts from effectivevolume.com to see if the institutions (large players) were more negative or postive that the small players.

I think it's clear that there has been a shift over the last week with more large player selling in the QQQ and SPY - which has taken the total effective volume flow below its 20 day MA in the QQQ and SPY, but IWM small caps is still holding up. So QQQ and SPY have turned negative and the IWM is around neutral currently.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: 104 Dow Jones Industry Groups sorted by Relative Strength

104 Dow Jones Industry Groups sorted by Relative Strength using stockcharts SCTR score

The purpose of the RS tables is to track the short, medium and long term RS changes of the individual groups to find the new leadership earlier than the crowd.

100 is strongest, 0 is weakest

You can find out which stocks are in each industry group by going to https://stockcharts.com/freech... and clicking on the name of the group

1 week, 2 week, 4 week and 12 week RS changes

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US Sectors: Percentage of Stocks Above Their 150 Day Moving Averages

Sector Average at 47.61% (-8.44% 1 week) - which is in the neutral zone (Stage 3 or Stage 1)

1 sector is in the Stage 2 zone (Utilities)

8 sectors are in the Stage 1 / 3 zone (Real Estate, Financials, Energy, Technology, Industrials, Con Discretionary, Con Staples, Comm Services)

2 sectors are in the Stage 4 zone (Basic Materials, Health Care)

(Scale: 0% to 100%)

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Gold v gold miners

Breadth just strengthened, at least according to my charts.  The medium term strength has increased recently.  THe long term breadth was as about as weak as could be but has just started to turn up.  Whether this is a short term blip of a rise back up I would not know.

NYSE Bullish Percent Index $BPNYA - reversal to Os

The NYSE Bullish Percent Index $BPNYA reversed to a column of Os in the middle zone yesterday, and so suggests a defensive strategy with regards to NYSE stocks once more.

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Semiconductors

The semiconductor sector has popped up repeatedly over the last year.  My breadth chart is based on a sample of stocks in this area.

Points to note:
  1. The index has continued to rise from the crash of last year, the rate of increase has slowed
  since the beginning of 2021, but is still rising.

2. The advance/decline line topped out January / February time, has touched that high again in
  early June but currently is falling slightly whilst the index is still rising.  The advancing/declining
  volume has been on a steady rise and does not have this divergence.

3.  There is a small number, compared to end of 2020/beginning of 2021 of new highs minus new
  lows.  It does not appear to have gone negative at all (at least from eyeballing the chart).

4.  The Weinstein Momentum is above its zero, but is in a long term decline.

5a. The McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index are around zero.

5b.  Same observation for the volume version of these indicators.

6. The % stocks above the 50 day EMA is around 50%.  The % stocks above the 200 day EMA is
  just over 70%, but since the beginning of the year the % stocks over their 200% EMA has been declining.

Percentage of Stocks Above their 50 Day, 150 Day & 200 Day Moving Averages Combined

Those that follow my weekend market breadth charts and videos will know that I use the Percentage of Stocks Above Their 50, 150 & 200 Day MA chart for market timing & risk strategy.

I've managed to get the data into a custom chart in my stockcharts and so I can now view it as a P&F chart as well, and hence it can be used in the same way as the Bullish Percent Index with statuses and in terms of Column of Xs means playing an Offensive strategy and a Column of Os means playing Defensive strategy

See the twitter thread on the Bullish Percent Index here: https://twitter.com/stageanalysis/status...11907?s=20

isatrader

US Sectors & Major Index ETFs Relative Strength

US Sectors & Major Index ETFs Relative Strength Table using the @stockcharts SCTR score

Another broadly negative week. Of note was $XLE Energy which rose 7 places and also $XLY Con Discretionary and $XLF Financials - both of which moved above the S&P 500 in the RS table.

isatrader