Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 405

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Areas showing up in my momentum screener

I have a screener which ranks stocks by the slope of the 50 day and 150 day simple moving averages.  In my stock database I can tag stocks so I know which sector / area / something arbitrary they are in.  I've set up the momentum screener to identify areas where a large percentage of stocks associated with a tag are moving strongly upward.  So this may give an idea of areas to look at.

(This post was last modified: 2020-09-27, 11:27 AM by pcabc.)

Sector breadth

US & momentum

The black colouring is indicating some features that showed up on NYSE breadth data just before the 1987 crash, mainly with respect to the Weinstein momentum versus some of its MAs.  Unsure if this is significant in terms of breadth here, but it is not a sign of strength.  The red outlining on a few black boxes shows that they have been in this condition for more than a couple of days.  That is, they are more likely significant, less likely to be transitory noise in the data.

UK

Commodities

Sector breadth overview

US including momentum

UK

Commodities

(This post was last modified: 2020-10-04, 07:41 PM by pcabc.)

US Sectors, Gold & Silver

US

Gold & Silver miners

Sector breadth

Quite a bullish change since this time last week.

US & US momentum

UK

Commodities:
For gold & silver, and there miners we are seeing an uptick in breadth.  But my danger warnings, that I have based on NYSE behaviour running up to the 1987 crash, are flashing danger.  These warnings are quite complex - but what seems to be causing the warning here is the relationship between the Weinstein momentum and various averages of it, the relationship of new highs versus new lows and a couple of its averages, percentages of stock above their 50 and 200 day SMAs.  Having been developed against the NYSE I'm not sure whether this is applicable against miners, but on the other hand it is not an indication of strength.  I'm miners improve this could reverse.  But if stocks are on the up as a whole there is less reason for gold and silver, and their miners, to strengthen.

US Sectors:

Europe and UK into stage 1?

For the UK both the FTSE 100 and 250 have had their 150 MAs flatten out and are now rising.  The same is true of the DAX and the indicies are all above their MAs.  No higher lows and higher highs yet.  For the UK the A/D line is making a new high.  All have Weinstein momentums above zero, though they have been falling but the number of stocks above the 50% and 200% EMAs, for all are above 50%.  OF couse there is always the danger that there is an error in my calculations, but the change of the rising 150 day MAs being incorrect is quite low.

(2020-10-10, 04:26 PM)pcabc Wrote: Europe and UK into stage 1?

For the UK both the FTSE 100 and 250 have had their 150 MAs flatten out and are now rising.  The same is true of the DAX and the indicies are all above their MAs.  No higher lows and higher highs yet.  For the UK the A/D line is making a new high.  All have Weinstein momentums above zero, though they have been falling but the number of stocks above the 50% and 200% EMAs, for all are above 50%.  OF couse there is always the danger that there is an error in my calculations, but the change of the rising 150 day MAs being incorrect is quite low.

Another thought.  The precipitous drop is just working its way out of the SMAs so we should see some large upticks in the SMA so one would expect it to level off.