Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 338

(This post was last modified: 2019-06-01, 10:40 AM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein Stage Analysis and Market Breadth

Breadth followup

Hope no one minds the repeated charts.  Some trendlines added and also the mid and small caps.

SP500, 400 and 600 (Large, Medium and Small):

This illustrates the mid and small caps having broke support but the the large caps are not quite there yet.  I wonder if the low could go as low as the previous one.  However, I have also drawn trendlines on the price and advance / decline and advance / declining volume.  If I have this right, which could be debatable, then in the longer term things might be positive?  But the prices are making lower highs.  This is over a six monthly period, given my charts are daily, will this hold over such a period?  Worth also showing the NASDAQ100 against its breadth, its price trendline slopes up, its A/D falls, and A/D volume is rising.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, DJIA & S&P 600

Here's the weekly overview charts of the NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps with their US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: the short term breadth has moved in the lower zone below 30% of stocks above their 50 day MAs. So probabilities for a bounce is increasing as the market rubber band gets more stretched to the bear side in the short term. Also, of note is that most of the indexes are still above their 61.8% Fibonacci levels from the recent advance since the December low. So are getting to short term oversold levels in the breadth, and still on the bullish side of things in terms of depth of the pullback from the highs imo. So interesting times.

And here's the end of May monthly charts too, for some broader context.

Note: Looking at the recent past on these monthly charts. I'm seeing a similar pattern to early 2012 in this years price action and the moving average breadth indicators levels so far

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE and Nasdaq Advance Decline Charts and US New Highs New Lows

Attached is the updated NYSE and Nasdaq Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

Attached is the updated US New Highs - New Lows Charts

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top breakouts and double bottom breakdowns.

Totals for the week:

+110 double top breakouts
-506 double bottom breakdowns

-396 net breakouts - breakdowns

isatrader

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...bel/RABWDB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...e%20Survey

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, DJIA & S&P 600

(2019-06-01, 02:28 PM)isatrader Wrote: Note: Looking at the recent past on these monthly charts. I'm seeing a similar pattern to early 2012 in this years price action and the moving average breadth indicators levels so far

I presume you mean the top at the beginning of April 2012 followed by the dip and recovery?

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, DJIA & S&P 600

(2019-06-01, 05:26 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2019-06-01, 02:28 PM)isatrader Wrote: Note: Looking at the recent past on these monthly charts. I'm seeing a similar pattern to early 2012 in this years price action and the moving average breadth indicators levels so far

I presume you mean the top at the beginning of April 2012 followed by the dip and recovery?

Yep, the breadth was in a similar position to now, and markets had made a new high after a sharp recovery from the 2011 Stage 4 breakdown, and then pulled back strongly for a few months after the high, before making a higher low, and going on the make an ascending 3T volatility contraction pattern to the end of the year, before moving higher in earnest. I appreciate there are many differences, I just thought it was worth noting the similarities, as the entire twitter stream I follow is extremely bearish right now. But although the weight of evidence from the various breadth indicators is bearish currently too, it's nowhere near as extreme as the sentiment out there, and remains in the Stage 1 / 3 neutral range with 51.80% above their 150 day moving average in the S&P 500 for example, and only fairly recent sell signals in the advance decline line etc. So it could go either way here still imo from my interpretation of the breadth readings.

isatrader