Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 297

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Hi Isatrader,

I love so much your Tops&Bttoms analysis that I plotted the daily net number against the S&P 500 with the data you showed since you revived the thread (late jan 18). I wanted to look at it as I do with the AD line, ie looking for potential long term divergences with the index.

Here's what I've got (with a few data points missing, but I think it does not change the picture)
[Image: 2a5jcd5.jpg]

Everyone draws his own conclusions, of course but even with the slight show of weakness in breadth observed since the beg of september, the picture does not seem too alarming to me.

Thanks again for the approach,
B

Thanks BarnabeBear, it's one of my favourites too, as it's very similar in nature to the advance decline. And I also find the moving average oscillators that I create from it very helpful too for short term swings. The 10 Day MA of it especially.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/201...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My US and UK breadth charts:

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top breakouts and double bottom breakdowns.

Totals for the week:

+238 double top breakouts
-246 double bottom breakdowns

-8 net breakdowns

isatrader