Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 289

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2018-07-08, 05:39 PM)kero Wrote: ... In the past, all major bear markets were preceded by evident divergences between the ADline and the main DJIA indice. To say it otherwise, the ADline and other Weinstein indicators tell us if the market is or is not ready to go massively down, and the stage analysis only tell us when the bear market will start in a such context.

I wonder if it matters if you use the S&P500 versus the DJIA?  I generally look at the former.  The book uses the DJIA, but the S&P500 was established for decades before the book.  The former, I understand, is a small curated pool of stocks whereas the latter is more algorythmic based on market cap.  I wonder if that distinction is deliberate?

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

to me. spy s3 started on march 12 b/c the 30wma flattened out.  that ma is now sloping positive  and the price is above it. when price breaks resistance at 280, s2 resumes

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/201...urvey.html

RE: Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top and double bottom breakdowns.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: The S&P 500 closed the week at the breakout level, so a chance of a move back into Stage 2 next week if it can continue and close the week above that level strongly. The Moving Average breadth and Bullish Percent Index are also all in good positions for a potential move into Stage 2, with the medium and long term metrics in the low 60% ranges. So plenty of room to move higher.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/201...urvey.html