Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 216

RE: Market Breadth Extra

(2015-10-24, 05:49 PM)pcabc Wrote: I've just plotted a breadth chart of XLK versus breadth calculated from its, plus a few other, tech stocks:

I sold out of REW the ultrashort technology fund on friday. Otherwise the market looks consistent with a pullback to me, and long term it will be a bear market (imo).

Spring 2008 V Late 2011
agree gbarbs
I'm not re-shorting until MACD crosses over: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui It's been bullish for 2 months now.
And I'd like to see the INDU, COMP and SPX back below the 150 day ma.
If the 150 day ma's turn back up, then back to bullish.

(2015-10-25, 12:10 AM)gbarbs Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 05:49 PM)pcabc Wrote: I've just plotted a breadth chart of XLK versus breadth calculated from its, plus a few other, tech stocks:

I sold out of REW the ultrashort technology fund on friday. Otherwise the market looks consistent with a pullback to me, and long term it will be a bear market (imo).

I'm overal bearish but I was not expecting the amount that the indices have increased over the last day or two. I'm still bearish but am moving more to the undecided camp. The short ETFs I'm in have generally been loosing to date, but then there has been a bit more strength that I expected and I'm still waiting the indices to drop.

RE: Market Breadth Update

The MACD line shows faltering momentum - specifically, the MACD histogram is declining towards a bearish signal-line crossover. In addition, the Dow is now in a huge zone of overhead resistance which is evident from the two big "Volume-by-Price" histogram bars sticking out from the left side of the chart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 50 Day Moving Averages status change

The short term NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 50 Day Moving Averages had it's first negative status change for over a month yesterday. While the medium and longer term measures remain unaffected at the moment. So a sign that the recent short term uptrend is losing a bit of steam.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

DOW & SPX back below 150 day and 200 day ma's today. Looks like its shorting season.

do you use that MACD to exit as well? or will you use the stop method in the book.

Breadth charts, ^DJI v NYSE, NASDAQ & AMEX:

FTSE100 & FTSE250 (MIDD.L):