Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 18

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts which I'd put in Stage 1 currently.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Industry Sector Charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1020]

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Discussion Thread

Quote:It's disappointing that we do not operate on a level playing field. Reading volume is an essential part of choosing the right stocks to trade/invest in and for this reason my confidence in the Weinstein method is waning.

This is discouraging. I would argue that reading volume is an essential part of almost any kind of technician out there..hopefully they correct this soon. Thanks for sharing.

(This post was last modified: 2013-04-30, 07:33 AM by Lplate.)

(2013-04-01, 10:48 AM)Lplate Wrote: . . . that Europe and Germany are in a Stage 3, on the brink of a breakdown, that UK is a little better clinging to stage 2, that Asia ex-Japan is still in stage 2, probably held up by Japan holding still strongly in stage 2 . . .
For new fund investors, there are no apparent stage 2 breakouts, so the Weinstein bets seem to still be on the strong stage 2s for US and Japan.

One month on, and looking at the regions again, Asia-excl Japan (EPP) has a continuation b/o and I have shown Australia's (EWA) b/o separately. http://tinyurl.com/bo8xzw2 UK (EWU) also shows a continuation b/o.
The charts show daily, but weekly are similar.

Margin Debt at Extreme Levels Still

Attached is the Free Credit less Total Margin Debt chart which is a lagging indicator as the data is released a month later, but it shows an extreme reading currently not seen since late 1999, as it's now lower than the June 2007 and March 2011 more recent lows.

isatrader

I've recreated the FTSE 350 Sectors in ProRealTime as my normal chart software crashed horribly and deleted all of my custom portfolios, and frankly won't open anymore even following a clean reinstall. So am stuck with ProRealTime, but hopefully I can still do most of what I did in my other software.

Anyway attached is the thumbnail shots of the 36 UK FTSE 350 Sectors to the end of April 2013 and below is the relative performance table in order of strength using the Mansfield RS versus the S&P 500 with a 52 week MA as the zero line, which I've done manually in Excel.

isatrader

UK FTSE 350 Stocks Relative Perfromance

I've fixed my chart software now and managed to go through the entire FTSE 350 stocks and update the historical data I have for them. Which has allowed me to now create a relative performance table versus the S&P 500 using the Mansfield RS 200 Day data point. Attached is a spreadsheet with all the stocks in the FTSE 350 ranked by their relative performance, and also I've done a screen shot from the top 50 stocks, which is below.

Attached Files
.xls   FTSE350 Stocks Relative Performance.xls (Size: 69 KB / Downloads: 511)
isatrader