Stage Analysis Video Training Course

How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - Page 5

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator

Well, I just figured out that ProRealTime provide free access to End of Day Data charting, which does include the " Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator". I have set it up to check big pictures with major indices and the 10 Sector ETFs. Will check if they have data for the ETFs and Mutual Funds I have in my IRA.

Mean while, still interested to know if any one succeed with the above mentioned brokers?

Tim

Hey guys,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before,

I am using ThinkorSwim TOS charting software,

Whats the best way to chart the Mansfield relative performance ? does anyone have a code for that that don't mind sharing.

(2018-09-30, 05:28 AM)tradingolives Wrote: Hey guys,

Whats the best way to chart the Mansfield relative performance ? does anyone have a code for that that don't mind sharing.

I don't think there's many people on here that use that software unfortunately. So you may have to use the example on the first page to create it yourself.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-09-30, 08:11 PM)isatr ader Wrote:
(2018-09-30, 05:28 AM)tradingolives Wrote: Hey guys,

I don't think there's many people on here that use that software unfortunately. So you may have to use the example on the first page to create it yourself.

@Gbarbs posted his TOS code at the following threat https://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthre...35#pid9135

(2018-01-12, 02:30 AM)timatbay Wrote: Well, I just figured out that ProRealTime provide free access to End of Day Data charting, which does include the " Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator". I have set it up to check big pictures with major indices and the 10 Sector ETFs. Will check if they have data for the ETFs and Mutual Funds I have in my IRA.

Mean while, still interested to know if any one succeed with the above mentioned brokers?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Can I check with you if you are able to use the Mansfield RPI without having to purchase the ProRealTime subscription? I am trying to finish my setup but the indicator is said not to be available unless I opt for a subscription.

Any advice would be immensely welcome!

Thanks,

Silly question, All,

I've figured out how to create the Mansfield RS indicator in Pro Real Time!!!.

BUT, I'm uncertain as to what to enter as the standard or index. Because I was unsure, and I was looking at equity ETF's, I used "ITOT." But because ITOT is a domestic equity fund, what should I use if I'm evaluating International equities (IE, the the European, Asian or Emerging market etf's or a foreign stock). Also, if I'm evaluating a bond ETF (I created weekly charts with the WMA30, volume with a 4-week SMA, and the Mansfield RS for all of the ETF positions that I currently hold), what would be the best comparison index there?

I appreciate any thoughts you may have on this!

Thanks!

Tom

It should be the S&P 500 index

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

If you use tradingview. You can now add the unflattened version of the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator that I use on my posts to your charts by searching in the public indicators. 

The script is called Relative Strength (Mansfield RS)

You can find it here: https://www.tradingview.com/script/dfNpA...sfield-RS/

Credit goes to Mojomajor for creating the original code.

isatrader