Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 160

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

Stan Weinstein recommends in his book that a small account ($1000-25000) should diversify in no more than 5 or 6 stocks. Someone with a bigger account ($100000) however can invest in 10 to 20 stocks.
In the 7 months in which I've been trading/investing the Weinstein Way, I've been risking 1% of my account on each trade mainly because I've learned from multiple sources less experienced traders should risk no more than 1%. My little experience has shown me that risking 1% per trade would take roughly 18-22 trades for my account to be fully invested during good market conditions. I remember almost going insane trying to manage 20+ positions back in November last year when breakouts were popping up almost on a daily basis. The market seems to be improving once again and my position count is currently at 18. Once again I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with this much diversification.

I believe I'd be more comfortable with 7-10 positions on a fully invested account, but I would have to increase my risk per trade from 1% to maybe 1.5%. The problem here is that I'm afraid my account will have equity swings too wild for me to handle.
I'd like to hear you all's input in this matter:
how many positions do you tend to have on a fully invested account?
How much of your account balance do you risk per trade?
How volatile is your equity curve in relation to your risk per trade?

Thanks in advance for your input on this matter

What about Stan Weinstein? Is he still alive and trading? Any clue how is he doing these days?

(2021-06-26, 07:30 PM)Lebo44 Wrote: What about Stan Weinstein? Is he still alive and trading? Any clue how is he doing these days?

Yep, he's in his late 70s I believe, and still runs the Global Trend Alert institutional service that he's done since 1990. You can hear from him yourself. He did an interview in the last few weeks on the renmac legends podcast: https://www.spreaker.com/user/renmac/051...nweinstein

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

scan to find stocks in stage 2 breakout?

https://www.spreaker.com/user/renmac/051...nweinstein

What an excellent podcast! I am amused by how sharp Stan remains in his craft. And his comments on current markets, Tesla, Bitcoin... priceless. He truly loves this job.

Hi all,

does anyone know how i can setup such a RS table of all indutry groups (104 Dow Jones Sector Industry Groups sorted by Relative Strength) by myself? 

Thanks!

(2021-06-27, 09:24 AM)fabi470 Wrote: Hi all,

does anyone know how i can setup such a RS table of all indutry groups (104 Dow Jones Sector Industry Groups sorted by Relative Strength) by myself? 

Thanks!

Do you have a subscription in Stockcharts.com? You can do it easily then through the Dashboard. Just select SCTR Reports, then US industries and you can sort them by SCTR indicator.

Hi all.

This might sound like a daft question, but somehow i cant hack it. 
How does everyone keep track of stocks they are watching? 
You can set alerts (T212 only allows 100) but at what point do you set them as breakout point can be too late?
Also at what point would you take a stock off your list