Stage Analysis Video Training Course

European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 4

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Australia in Euro.

Pull back on 38€ could be an opportunity.

barra

For those who are bullish, Asia-Pacific in EURO might be a good option.

barra

I like these configurations including a high momentum during stage 2, consolidation for approx 1 year and then...new stage 2.

Aquila is a good option (i'm not in). be careful => poor liquidity.

barra

(This post was last modified: 2016-09-07, 12:24 PM by Smellypunks.)

(2016-09-04, 07:08 PM)barra Wrote: I like these configurations including a high momentum during stage 2, consolidation for approx 1 year and then...new stage 2.

barra

What limit do you set when it comes to liquidity, do you use average volume? For Aquila it seems to be 1.53k ave vol.

I was looking at ARL.L which has ave vol 174k so much larger than Aquila but is it enough?

Do you every use market cap as a filter as this data is available from the stock exchange on a spreadsheet.

(2016-09-07, 12:23 PM)Smellypunks Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 07:08 PM)barra Wrote: I like these configurations including a high momentum during stage 2, consolidation for approx 1 year and then...new stage 2.

barra

What limit do you set when it comes to liquidity, do you use average volume? For Aquila it seems to be 1.53k ave vol.

I was looking at ARL.L which has ave vol 174k so much larger than Aquila but is it enough?

Do you every use market cap as a filter as this data is available from the stock exchange on a spreadsheet.

Hi,

I don't do complex calculation,in the case of Aquila, I have used my eyes. Candlesticks are very charactristic of non liquid stock with many full candles.

Actually , i've checked today the volume : 2800 stocks. For me it could be one line. it would have been silly to buy Aquila.
I don't have any specific limits or filter related to liquidity. Sorry for this poor answer.

BArra

(This post was last modified: 2016-09-08, 05:10 PM by Smellypunks.)

(2016-09-07, 09:43 PM)barra Wrote:
(2016-09-07, 12:23 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: [quote='barra' pid='10623' dateline='1473012514']

Hi,

I don't do complex calculation,in the case of Aquila, I have used my eyes. Candlesticks are very charactristic of non liquid stock with many full candles.

Actually , i've checked today the volume : 2800 stocks. For me it could be one line. it would have been silly to buy Aquila.
I don't have any specific limits or filter related to liquidity. Sorry for this poor answer.

BArra

Yep that is what I have been doing, eye balling and looking for stocks which have more consistent vol. But I do find this method could limit us to just mid and large caps.

The first image is of one of the etfs which has massive inconsistency in vol (2k - 2m). The second is an investment fund which has much more consistent vol (23k - 370k) which I like. Because the chance are when you want to sell its going to be a low vol day. Its just that I have no real method other than the eye ball approach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SIXT.DE, a continuation on large volume:

The French CAC in a key position. What will be the next step northwards or southwards?

Manitou in a very pleasant set-up:

BArra