Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2014-09-15

(2014-09-15, 08:19 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I am thinking of going into Evraz for a second bite tomorrow morning. So let that be a warning to be heeded.

- Malc

I'm curious about your timing, it broke out from the recent high a few weeks back and the volume is not showing a large increase?

However, given my recent performance I'd take what I say with a pinch of salt.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-09-15

A long, AEX.L. Some data issues with LHS of chart unfortunately.

A short, HL.L:

(2014-09-15, 10:23 PM)pcabc Wrote: A long, AEX.L. Some data issues with LHS of chart unfortunately.

A short, HL.L:

I would worry with AEX.L, the rise has been so fast, is it likely to fall back and consolodate for a while after such a sharp rise. This has caught me before. I don't think I'll got for this one.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-15, 10:23 PM)pcabc Wrote: A long, AEX.L. Some data issues with LHS of chart unfortunately.

I would worry with AEX.L, the rise has been so fast, is it likely to fall back and consolidate for a while after such a sharp rise. This has caught me before. I don't think I'll go for this one.

I did see it on my scans today, but the reason I haven't highlighted it yet is that it's still below resistance, and hence I consider it very early. But definitely worth keeping an eye on to see how it acts on it's first pullback/consolidation as it could form a high Stage 1 base which would then give a lower risk chance to find an entry point once it had in the coming months.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-15, 10:13 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 08:19 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I am thinking of going into Evraz for a second bite tomorrow morning. So let that be a warning to be heeded.

- Malc

I'm curious about your timing, it broke out from the recent high a few weeks back and the volume is not showing a large increase?

However, given my recent performance I'd take what I say with a pinch of salt.

The volume is at least higher than the daily MA50 but, as you say, not massively so. It triggered something on my first attempt at a screener and it's certainly got my interest going for a revisit.

I do like the chart though, it;s following the MA10 line (daily) and has reached a new high since November las year.

But today I may wait to see what happens to the market as a whole. This Scotland ho-ha is become somewhat interesting.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-16, 08:23 AM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I do like the chart though, it;s following the MA10 line (daily) and has reached a new high since November las year.

I'd agree. However, I have enough things pulling back or failing that I'm not keen on buying something because it kind of looks good.

Quote:But today I may wait to see what happens to the market as a whole. This Scotland ho-ha is become somewhat interesting.

Yes. I just wonder if it has all been thought through.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-09-16

For the UK watchlist tonight - SFR.L, AVO.L, FRR.L

And for the short watchlist - TCG.L, BWNG.L

P.S. I'm off for a short break to sunny Spain for the rest of the week to recharge the batteries, and so my next update will be on next Monday. It would be good to see some of the regulars - including the quiet ones, to post charts while I'm away Wink

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-09-17

One long today, SUH.L:

Missed a couple earlier, long, GFM.L:

short, DGMT.L:

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-09-23

For the UK long watchlist today - LSE.L, AGL.L

And for the short watchlist - KIT.L, RGS.L