Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-08-13

Interesting chart. Pocket pivot and gap up. Deep V so apparently not a good pocet pivot buy. Too early under Weinstein as well I would think. However, I'm struck by how smooth the chart is. Mainly a flowing curve with little noise. Not jaggy as usual.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-08-13

For the UK watchlist today - AGR.L, ALL.L, GFS.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-08-13

What are peoples thoughts on the following? It it is a gold miner (CGH) which looks to have broken out into a stage 2 and has pulled back to support (previous resistance) on very light volume. Most of the volume today was from me (I went in too much - more to learn on my position sizing).

It was really bizarre when I bought in as the price spikes up right on my entry and then came right back down. Like someone jumped in front of me in the market...I had this happen on the NBBR stock earlier this year.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-08-13

(2014-08-13, 10:24 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist today - AGR.L, ALL.L, GFS.L

That is interesting. I'm using Yahoo! data and the volume differs:

Ignoring the December 2013 spike the June 2014 spike is much higher than today's increase:

It did show up on my screener (they all say that) but the chart was no-where near as impressive. The difference between varying sources of data is interesting.

(2014-08-13, 11:12 PM)Tryst Wrote: What are peoples thoughts on the following? It it is a gold miner (CGH) which looks to have broken out into a stage 2 and has pulled back to support (previous resistance) on very light volume. Most of the volume today was from me (I went in too much - more to learn on my position sizing).

It was really bizarre when I bought in as the price spikes up right on my entry and then came right back down. Like someone jumped in front of me in the market...I had this happen on the NBBR stock earlier this year.

I have it as a pullback in early Stage 2A, but still within it's significant resistance zone. So potentially it needs to build a higher base before it could make a good quality Stage 2 advance. And also note that the volume on the Stage 2A breakout in early July didn't meet the minimum 2x average weekly volume requirement.

Precious metals stocks continues to be a promising group though, with multiple miners basing and breaking out in the recent months. But the key for me personally is always the volume, as I want to see exceptional volume on and following the Stage 2A breakout, and a strong volume contraction on the pullback, plus be clear of significant resistance. So my opinion on CGH.L is that it's still a bit early in it's cycle, especially as the monthly chart didn't manage to close above the 30 month MA following it's weekly Stage 2A breakout, and so the monthly remains in Stage 4B, and as you know I personally think that when the weekly Stage 2A breakout occurs, that monthly chart must also be in at least Stage 1A. i.e. which means a monthly close above the 30 month MA.

(2014-08-13, 11:25 PM)pcabc Wrote: That is interesting. I'm using Yahoo! data and the volume differs:

Ignoring the December 2013 spike the June 2014 spike is much higher than today's increase:

It did show up on my screener (they all say that) but the chart was no-where near as impressive. The difference between varying sources of data is interesting.

I always had issues with the free yahoo data on UK stocks, and so I moved to paid data service on ADVFN a long time ago, and so I use that to confirm the Prorealtime charts when the volume has big spikes like AGR.L had today. See attached.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-08-14

(2014-08-13, 11:29 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 11:12 PM)Tryst Wrote: What are peoples thoughts on the following? It it is a gold miner (CGH) which looks to have broken out into a stage 2 and has pulled back to support (previous resistance) on very light volume. Most of the volume today was from me (I went in too much - more to learn on my position sizing).

I have it as a pullback in early Stage 2A, but still within it's significant resistance zone. So potentially it needs to build a higher base before it could make a good quality Stage 2 advance. And also note that the volume on the Stage 2A breakout in early July didn't meet the minimum 2x average weekly volume requirement.

Precious metals stocks continues to be a promising group though, with multiple miners basing and breaking out in the recent months. But the key for me personally is always the volume, as I want to see exceptional volume on and following the Stage 2A breakout, and a strong volume contraction on the pullback, plus be clear of significant resistance. So my opinion on CGH.L is that it's still a bit early in it's cycle, especially as the monthly chart didn't manage to close above the 30 month MA following it's weekly Stage 2A breakout, and so the monthly remains in Stage 4B, and as you know I personally think that when the weekly Stage 2A breakout occurs, that monthly chart must also be in at least Stage 1A. i.e. which means a monthly close above the 30 month MA.

Thanks for your feedback, Isatrader.

You are right, I may have been a bit early with my initial toe in the water trade...and too large!

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-08-14

Only one for the UK watchlist tonight - RNWH.L