Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-08-12

For the UK long watchlist from Mondays scans - EMR.L, TSTL.L, CWR.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-08-12

(2014-08-11, 10:44 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 09:53 PM)pcabc Wrote: Does volume mean much on REITs? Massive volume increase on this one.

Yep, it's had a excellent Stage 2A breakout since I highlighted it on the 29th July http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=50&pid=4984#pid4984.

Damn, beaten to it again! ;-)

Quote:...But obviously you'll need to consider the market condition and sector when it gets to that point also. So do your research now, and then if it still looks good following that then you'll be ready to strike at the right time.
Question is, how much does property correlate with equities and what place does the REIT have in this continuum? So how important are the stock indices compared to property prices and REITs? Probably more than would be nice.

(2014-08-12, 12:22 AM)pcabc Wrote: Question is, how much does property correlate with equities and what place does the REIT have in this continuum? So how important are the stock indices compared to property prices and REITs? Probably more than would be nice.

I don't see the REIT stocks as any different personally to any others in the UK market, and as you can see from the relative performance on the attached REIT sector chart (NMX8670), it seems to have had a very close correlation to the stock market over the last few years.

On my relative performance table it's currently 23rd out of the 39 sectors, which includes the FTSE 350 itself as a base line comparison, which is currently 26th in the table. Stage wise, it's looking like it's could be potentially in Stage 3A with the lower high forming and it bunching around the still rising 30 week MA. But officially it would still get a Stage 2B- rating imo.

(2014-08-12, 12:22 AM)pcabc Wrote: Damn, beaten to it again! ;-)

I need to create a list somewhere, with the highlighted stocks, so people don't have to search back through the threads all the time, as it's easy to lose track. Will need to come up with a system of some sort.

Quote:
(2014-08-12, 12:22 AM)pcabc Wrote: Damn, beaten to it again! ;-)

I need to create a list somewhere, with the highlighted stocks, so people don't have to search back through the threads all the time, as it's easy to lose track. Will need to come up with a system of some sort.

I don't think that is worth while. It is a lot of work to maintain and I don't think several people independently noticing a stock is an issue. In fact that happening is interesting as it means it is likely an interesting stock.

Is there any way to add tags to posts? If so tagging a post with the stock code might be interesting?

pcabc

(2014-08-12, 08:04 AM)pcabc Wrote: Is there any way to add tags to posts? If so tagging a post with the stock code might be interesting?

No, there's no way to do that on the forum. I think I just need to remember to do a monthly review of the stocks that have come up in the watchlists, as I can then see which have the most potential and also see the very important monthly closes. As for example on a weekly Stage 2A breakout, I want to then see the monthly chart close above it's 30 month moving average and near the high of the month for additional confirmation of the breakout. As I've come to see the progression across the time scales to be very important.

For the UK watchlist tonight:

MEDI.L

VER.L - I've included the monthly chart of VER.L as the weekly continuation attempt doesn't show the longer term monthly Stage 2A breakout attempt that it's close to from a two and half year cup and handle base pattern.

(2014-08-12, 08:16 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 08:04 AM)pcabc Wrote: Is there any way to add tags to posts? If so tagging a post with the stock code might be interesting?

No, there's no way to do that on the forum. I think I just need to remember to do a monthly review of the stocks that have come up in the watchlists, as I can then see which have the most potential and also see the very important monthly closes. As for example on a weekly Stage 2A breakout, I want to then see the monthly chart close above it's 30 month moving average and near the high of the month for additional confirmation of the breakout. As I've come to see the progression across the time scales to be very important.

I've been tweaking my screener. I'm thinking of adding this sort of functionality so that I can spot historical as well as current pocket pivots, breakouts etc. My reasoning is that if I my batting average is low and if I see that the pocket pivots, breakouts etc I've spotted in the last few weeks/months are not panning out then it is time to be cautious. Don't think it will be difficult to do, just needs some time.

Of course, my computer bases screening does not look at the charts, so this will be a list as produced by my algorithms on the computer without any sane human eye checking them. But I can consider that when checking the charts.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-08-13

(2014-08-06, 07:39 PM)isatrader Wrote: And on the short watchlist - UKM.L

This looks a potentially good short. The Industrials Transport section is in a well defined staged 4, which makes this stock a laggard in that respect.

The upward slopping trendline you put on this stock previously isarader is still intact.