Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-07-02

Some breakouts, some continuations and pullbacks:

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-07-02

A few for the long watchlist - CYAN.L, LEK.L

And for the short watchlist - EZJ.L, NICL.L

(2014-07-02, 08:22 PM)isatrader Wrote: A few for the long watchlist - CYAN.L, LEK.L

With respect to CYAN.L I would imagine it being best to await a pullback? From experience I'd think that putting in a buy now would result in a stock that either dropped or moved sideways for some time. OTOH volume looks like it is still increasing.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-07-02

(2014-07-02, 08:38 PM)pcabc Wrote: With respect to CYAN.L I would imagine it being best to await a pullback? From experience I'd think that putting in a buy now would result in a stock that either dropped or moved sideways for some time. OTOH volume looks like it is still increasing.

That's what I said on the chart I thought. When a stock bypasses Stage 1 like it has with an explosive move, it will often form a higher base over time, which will then become the Stage 1 base.

Remember, stocks on the watchlist are not buy or sell recommendations. Just highlights of the most interesting movement with regards to the methods rules.

Take FOLD for example, which I first highlighted on 3rd June when it was in Stage 1 here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=46&pid=4567#pid4567 which I then highlighted again yesterday as it had broken out in Stage 2A while I was away. So someone interested in that from the first post could have set an price alert and waited until the Stage 2A entry point and gotten in on Monday at around 3.34 near the close, which was almost a month after the initial post highlighting it's movement in Stage 1.

(2014-07-02, 08:43 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-07-02, 08:38 PM)pcabc Wrote: With respect to CYAN.L I would imagine it being best to await a pullback? From experience I'd think that putting in a buy now would result in a stock that either dropped or moved sideways for some time. OTOH volume looks like it is still increasing.

That's what I said on the chart I thought. When a stock bypasses Stage 1 like it has with an explosive move, it will often form a higher base over time, which will then become the Stage 1 base.
OK, I saw it as a breakout against a falling trend. However, the MA30 only flattens out and then rises slightly on the breakout. See what you mean about FOLD.

Quote:Remember, stocks on the watchlist are not buy or sell recommendations. Just highlights of the most interesting movement with regards to the methods rules.
Quite. Internet is good for thinking about things and comparing with others, but you need to think for yourself to avoid unfortunate consequences. As you say it is a watch list.

Quote:Take FOLD for example, which I first highlighted on 3rd June when it was in Stage 1 here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=46&pid=4567#pid4567 which I then highlighted again yesterday as it had broken out in Stage 2A while I was away. So someone interested in that from the first post could have set an price alert and waited until the Stage 2A entry point and gotten in on Monday at around 3.34 near the close, which was almost a month after the initial post highlighting it's movement in Stage 1.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-07-03

I am looking at CTH.L (CareTech Holdings Limited) which I know that someone bought into recently.

The price movement of this baffles me. Over the last fortnight the price has stepped down almost daily but, yet, I am seeing on the intraday stuff are mostly purchases and few sales.

Today is another case in point: two largish purchases of over 20,000 shares, a couple of smaller ones and a couple of small sales. And it's been like this this last fortnight.

Has anyone any thoughts on why this would be because from what I am seeing the intra-day trades aren't driving it down?

- Malc

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - shaunattwood - 2014-07-03

for every buy there's a sell, if the market makers are trying to unload they'll lower the offer no matter what, sometimes they do it just to shake the tree

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-07-03

This is what I thought. Are they shaking the tree here or has it gone on too long?

I get the impression that they shook the tree if they wanted to load up on the things cheap. So I am watching this one here after another member suggested them and I just thouight that the share was acting odd.

- Malc