Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-04-30

For the UK watchlist tonight - ZIOC.L (Attempting to breakout into Stage 2A through resistance), CDI.L (pullback to 10 week MA in Stage 2), IAE.L (attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation), SVE.L (Stage 1B)

On the short watchlist - DNE.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-04-30

(2014-04-29, 10:28 AM)isatrader Wrote: For the short watchlist - WPP.L (Stage 3B), ALU.L (Stage 3B), CRST.L (Stage 3)

WPP (Media) and CRST (Household Goods) look good potential shorts as their respective sectors are looking like they are in stage 4A. ALU (Construction Material) looks like its in stage 3.

Media Sector

Household Goods

(2014-04-29, 05:56 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the short watchlist - MML.L

MML is about to delist off the LSE. I am not sure of the exact date. It could be a good short as PIs unload before delisting.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-01

Only one addition to the watchlist today - FPM.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - bluemosaic - 2014-05-06

(2014-04-29, 05:56 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the short watchlist - MML.L

MML is about to delist off the LSE. I am not sure of the exact date. It could be a good short as PIs unload before delisting.

Looks like 23rd May is when they will delist

http://www.digitallook.com/news/rns/21591490-200627/MML-Further_re_Intended_Delisting_from_the_LSE_html

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-06

No new stocks to highlight from today's scans of the UK markets. But don't forget to look through the stocks previously highlighted recently in the watchlist, as for example various stocks that were highlighted in Stage 3 have now broken down into Stage 4. And some stocks that were highlighted early in Stage 4A have pulled back to retest their breakdown levels.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-07

For the UK watchlist today - AXS.L, IND.L

And for the short watchlist - DTY.L (Stage 3B), THT.L (Stage 3A), OPAY.L (Stage 3A), MAGP.L, EXPN.L, CPR.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-07, 06:41 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist today - AXS.L, IND.L

Isatrader, a question about AXS.L. Maybe this is not the best example but it is a reasonable one:

It appears to me that the shape of the chart if we ignore the MA30 indicates it would be in a stage 3. Therefore any upward movement about the recent range is a stage 2 breakout and any drop below it a stage 4 breakdown. However, the recent wiggling is above the MA30 - so it is clearly in stage 2. Therefore rather than being in stage 3 awaiting a continuation is it not more likely in a stage 2B? I thought for a continuation we had to go stage 2 -> stage 3 -> stage 2. We have not had a clear stage 3 yet.

Just trying to get a feel for what to do with stocks that seem to climb rapidly and then reach a trading range well above MA30.

pcabc

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-08, 10:08 PM)pcabc Wrote: Isatrader, a question about AXS.L. Maybe this is not the best example but it is a reasonable one:

It appears to me that the shape of the chart if we ignore the MA30 indicates it would be in a stage 3. Therefore any upward movement about the recent range is a stage 2 breakout and any drop below it a stage 4 breakdown. However, the recent wiggling is above the MA30 - so it is clearly in stage 2. Therefore rather than being in stage 3 awaiting a continuation is it not more likely in a stage 2B? I thought for a continuation we had to go stage 2 -> stage 3 -> stage 2. We have not had a clear stage 3 yet.

Just trying to get a feel for what to do with stocks that seem to climb rapidly and then reach a trading range well above MA30.

To be a continuation it doesn't have to move into Stage 3. The vast majority of Stage 2 continuations are more minor, and are from consolidations of only one to three months that form above a strongly rising 30 week MA within Stage 2. See the initial post in this thread which has the chart from page 62 of the book that shows the ideal entry point for the trader method. That pattern is the example of an ideal Stage 2 continuation pattern.

With regards to AXS.L and whether it should be considered Stage 2B. The B simply means late in Stage 2, and so as it only moved into Stage 2 in December, and hasn't made it's first continuation move yet, I wouldn't consider it late in Stage 2 personally as I tend not give a Stage 2B rating until it's had two continuation moves.