Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-04-08

Quote:No, ITR is not the pattern from the Uncovering exceptional winners chapter. The exceptional volume increase needs to begin on the Stage 2A breakout week.
I think I'll have to re-read that chapter and be more pessimistic as I keep spotting glitches and wondering if they fit the pattern. I'll calibrate myself a little.

Quote:...So imo, it's more likely close to the end of it's Stage 2 run, as heavy volume and a parabolic move after a long Stage 2 advance is often a warning sign that's it's nearing exhaustion. So be careful with this one as it's over 58% above it's 30 week MA.

I did not find parabolic moves mentioned in the book. A bit of googling helped. Thank you. I avoided ITR.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-07, 11:52 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi Isatrader, I am already an Elite member and am seriously considering taking up this one off payment option at the end of the month. I think this site is brilliant, and the quality of content you provider is very useful and informative. I have learnt a lot in the short time I have been here.

I know I have raised this before with you, but what I would like to have in the Elite section is a ProScreener area where people can post up code/indicator/screener examples. Over time I think we could have a comprehensive screener library that can throw up strong stage candidates.

I think what would also be useful is if there was a UK (maybe same for US) section/area, where the UK staged listings and sectors reviews are in a thread that is sticky (at the top) while allowing users to create a new threads underneath where we can do our staged analysis on the UK stocks/sectors where everyone can post their reviews/comments/charts. It would make it easier for us to view the content, and I think we would all learn a great deal this way, instead of having staged analysis comments on all kinds of UK stocks all listed in one thread. A lot of good content gets buried this way. A good example, where it would have helped is my posting of Northern Bear this week, where you'd already commented on my earlier posting on the same stock...but I completely forgot.

We have a wealth of staged analysis knowledge on this site, it just needs to be structured in a way so that it is easily accessible.

Keep up the good work, isatrader. This is now a site I visit every evening.

Thanks Tryst, I appreciate the kind words and the feedback on the site. As you know, I'm constantly working on improving the site and there's many things I'd like to do to add extra value for the members and am gradually bringing in as time permits. But my concern with turning areas into a standard forum setup like you suggested is that it will dilute the pure Stage Analysis content and veer off topic. Also, with too many threads it will be harder for me to manage and hence give me less time to research stocks, as I already spend around 4+ hours a day researching stocks, posting the watchlist charts and other regular updates, answering questions and managing the site.

So that's the reason why I only currently allow subscribers to create their own threads in the journals section. As it gives people the opportunity to create their own space on the board, which doesn't have to be a journal (I might change the name of the board thinking about it), as it can just be your random posts, a scrapbook of charts for your own watchlist, anything within reason, as long as it doesn't break the rules of the site. So you could create your own thread/s in the journals section where you can do reviews/comments/charts on the UK stocks that you are interested in, create your own watchlist etc. Does that make sense?

On the subject of the ProScreener area. I'd be willing to create a thread for it in the Elite section if you want? As the opening post can have links to the posts for each screen in the thread, which can be updated over time, so that the opening post ends up with a list of every screen in the thread. Would that be an acceptable compromise for now?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - shaunattwood - 2014-04-08

STOB looks like a top formation with a neckline at 127p

(2014-04-07, 09:45 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist from today's scans - UNG.L, PEBI.L, GOOD.L, NRR.L, AEO.L

And on the short side - RICA.L, PPT.L, API.L, ASOS.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - shaunattwood - 2014-04-08

love API but IG won't let me short it

(2014-04-08, 03:22 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: STOB looks like a top formation with a neckline at 127p

(2014-04-07, 09:45 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist from today's scans - UNG.L, PEBI.L, GOOD.L, NRR.L, AEO.L

And on the short side - RICA.L, PPT.L, API.L, ASOS.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-04-08

Must have too small a market cap for them. Think they only have stocks that have market cap of 500million+

Today's scans on the long side threw up a few Stage 1 stocks for the watchlist - OEX.L, CRES.L, WORK.L, ARGP.L, BGBL.L

For the UK watchlist on the short side - HGL.L, KLR.L, AGP.L, OCDO.L, CUP.L, BRBY.L, NPT.L, ADT.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-08, 01:05 AM)isatrader Wrote: So that's the reason why I only currently allow subscribers to create their own threads in the journals section. As it gives people the opportunity to create their own space on the board, which doesn't have to be a journal (I might change the name of the board thinking about it), as it can just be your random posts, a scrapbook of charts for your own watchlist, anything within reason, as long as it doesn't break the rules of the site. So you could create your own thread/s in the journals section where you can do reviews/comments/charts on the UK stocks that you are interested in, create your own watchlist etc. Does that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense and is a logical alternative.

(2014-04-08, 01:05 AM)isatrader Wrote: On the subject of the ProScreener area. I'd be willing to create a thread for it in the Elite section if you want? As the opening post can have links to the posts for each screen in the thread, which can be updated over time, so that the opening post ends up with a list of every screen in the thread. Would that be an acceptable compromise for now?

Yes, that sounds fine. I think it will be a very useful resource, esp. considering there isn't anything available on the Internet, or even offered by ProRealTime.

Over time it such screeners could help us easily define shortlists of companies in the various stages...this could also potentially help free up your time Smile

Thanks again, Isatrader