Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-06, 06:40 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 06:35 PM)ChubbyHips2014 Wrote: Hey,
I'm just setting up my pro-screener, I have watch the videos on the site and have a very basic idea on how to do it, but what criteria do I set?
Thanks.

I've had lengthy discussions about some of the scans I look at each day earlier in the thread. Two times the average daily volume is one of the main scans I look at. Here's the link to some of the previous posts on it: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=45&pid=2953#pid2953

Maybe time to get a separate Screeners section set up ;-)

Still can't believe that ProRealTime don't have anything forums for this.

(2014-04-04, 06:54 PM)isatrader Wrote: Here's today's stocks for the UK watchlist with strong relative volume - WTAN.L

This chart (WTAN.L) is a good example of the buying that comes in around the 30 week MA zone. I haven't seen too many like this, which are on a nice uptrend. A majority don't hardly test the 30 week MA on a nice uptrend.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-06, 09:22 PM)isatrader Wrote: Hi pcabc, it's an interesting group and could be worth you doing further investigations into them. I've attached the weekly charts to help you compare them to each other and a few notes below:
Thanks. I have some charts myself, but I need to tidy them up as I've not got the best averages on them at present.

Quote:ITR has been in Stage 2 for a year an half and so there's a risk that the volume surge recently and parabolic move could be an end of Stage 2 move. So, you need to monitor it's next significant pullback towards it's 10 week MA imo and see how it reacts.

I wonder if ITR is one of the winning patterns in the chapter "Uncovering exceptional winners?". I have not bought it as the place to put a stop is a long way from the buy price making the risk rather high. As you say, waiting for a pullback sounds like the best plan for that one.

Quote: Of the other three the least extended are LG and HEI which are just making Stage 2 continuation moves from long consolidation bases. LG had the best relative volume on it's breakout of those two, and HOLN is short term extended and so would be prudent to wait for a pullback.

Tempted to get LG. HOLN did not look so good to me - volume not so nice. However, it seems to have the same price spike as the rest - added for comparison.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-06, 10:43 PM)pcabc Wrote: I wonder if ITR is one of the winning patterns in the chapter "Uncovering exceptional winners?". I have not bought it as the place to put a stop is a long way from the buy price making the risk rather high. As you say, waiting for a pullback sounds like the best plan for that one.

No, ITR is not the pattern from the Uncovering exceptional winners chapter. The exceptional volume increase needs to begin on the Stage 2A breakout week. ITR broke out into Stage 2A in December 2012 on very average volume and has had over a year of very average volume until the last five weeks in which it's gone parabolic. So imo, it's more likely close to the end of it's Stage 2 run, as heavy volume and a parabolic move after a long Stage 2 advance is often a warning sign that's it's nearing exhaustion. So be careful with this one as it's over 58% above it's 30 week MA.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - ChubbyHips2014 - 2014-04-07

this is my first chart, to me this looks like a buy, it meets all the criteria.
I could be wrong?, it has been in an up trend since oct 2013, am I to late?
im doing the trader method, it looks like it has just finished a consolation, and is on the up. just looking for some feedback really.
thanks

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 03:02 PM)ChubbyHips2014 Wrote: this is my first chart, to me this looks like a buy, it meets all the criteria.
I could be wrong?, it has been in an up trend since oct 2013, am I to late?
im doing the trader method, it looks like it has just finished a consolation, and is on the up. just looking for some feedback really.
thanks

Firstly, to attach a chart please read the: How to attach an image to a post thread, as I had to edit your image as it was too wide for the page. As if you want to use screenshots hosted on another site, then you need to make sure that they are no more than 800 pixels wide please. an easier option in prorealtime which you are using is to click the Save image button in the bottom left hand dropdown menu on the chart, and then attach it to the post as explained in the thread I mentioned.

Regarding YOU.L, imo you are too late on this one. It's been highlighted twice on here in the last six months. Firstly here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=15&pid=2093#pid2093 on the 31st Oct 2013 when it was making it's continuation breakout, and then again on it's first pullback following that here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=45&pid=2688#pid2688 on the 9th Jan 2014. And hence it's already 43.8% higher than the initial breakout I highlighted.

Compare the current weekly chart of YOU.L to the trader method example in the opening post of the thread and you should be able to see a big difference between the two.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-04-07

For the UK watchlist from today's scans - UNG.L, PEBI.L, GOOD.L, NRR.L, AEO.L

And on the short side - RICA.L, PPT.L, API.L, ASC.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-04-07

As I mentioned at the weekend, the Daily UK watchlist picks can now be found in the Elite section of the website.

To become an Elite Member please subscribe via PayPal on the front page of the forum here: Premium Services - where you have the option of either a monthly membership or a one off fee for permanent access to the Elite Board.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2014-04-07

Hi Isatrader, I am already an Elite member and am seriously considering taking up this one off payment option at the end of the month. I think this site is brilliant, and the quality of content you provider is very useful and informative. I have learnt a lot in the short time I have been here.

I know I have raised this before with you, but what I would like to have in the Elite section is a ProScreener area where people can post up code/indicator/screener examples. Over time I think we could have a comprehensive screener library that can throw up strong stage candidates.

I think what would also be useful is if there was a UK (maybe same for US) section/area, where the UK staged listings and sectors reviews are in a thread that is sticky (at the top) while allowing users to create a new threads underneath where we can do our staged analysis on the UK stocks/sectors where everyone can post their reviews/comments/charts. It would make it easier for us to view the content, and I think we would all learn a great deal this way, instead of having staged analysis comments on all kinds of UK stocks all listed in one thread. A lot of good content gets buried this way. A good example, where it would have helped is my posting of Northern Bear this week, where you'd already commented on my earlier posting on the same stock...but I completely forgot.

We have a wealth of staged analysis knowledge on this site, it just needs to be structured in a way so that it is easily accessible.

Keep up the good work, isatrader. This is now a site I visit every evening.