Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-04-02

For the UK watchlist on the short side - GTC.L, BLNX.L, TPL.L

For the UK watchlist on the short side - GTC.L, BLNX.L, TPL.L

For the UK watchlist tonight - CLIG.L, HILS.L

And on the short side - NICL.L, NGR.L, IDM.L, HGT.L

For the UK watchlist tonight - CLIG.L, HILS.L

And on the short side - NICL.L, NGR.L, IDM.L, HGT.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2014-04-03

Not got charts set up yet, sorry no pic. Rolls-Royce (RR.L) might look good for a short - it seems to be pulling up and looks almost like the best examples out of the book - too good not to mention.

Caveat, I've never sold short in my life so a second opinion would be useful. I'm wondering whether to try this one but would have to do so via a CFD - which has not been a fruitful experience to date.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2014-04-03

Not got charts set up yet, sorry no pic. Rolls-Royce (RR.L) might look good for a short - it seems to be pulling up and looks almost like the best examples out of the book - too good not to mention.

Caveat, I've never sold short in my life so a second opinion would be useful. I'm wondering whether to try this one but would have to do so via a CFD - which has not been a fruitful experience to date.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-04-03

(2014-04-03, 06:52 PM)pcabc Wrote: Not got charts set up yet, sorry no pic. Rolls-Royce (RR.L) might look good for a short - it seems to be pulling up and looks almost like the best examples out of the book.

Hi pcabc, RR.L looks like an excellent example of an initial Stage 4A pullback. It's in one of the weakest sectors and had a strong volume initial breakdown. So imo, you would need to wait for a close below last weeks low for a potential entry point as it's slightly above the initial Stage 4A breakdown level still currently, but it depends on your trading style as others might want to be more aggressive and get in sooner with a very close stop. Attached is the charts

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-04-03

(2014-04-03, 06:52 PM)pcabc Wrote: Not got charts set up yet, sorry no pic. Rolls-Royce (RR.L) might look good for a short - it seems to be pulling up and looks almost like the best examples out of the book.

Hi pcabc, RR.L looks like an excellent example of an initial Stage 4A pullback. It's in one of the weakest sectors and had a strong volume initial breakdown. So imo, you would need to wait for a close below last weeks low for a potential entry point as it's slightly above the initial Stage 4A breakdown level still currently, but it depends on your trading style as others might want to be more aggressive and get in sooner with a very close stop. Attached is the charts